UTMB 2016-2017 Admissions Cycle

I'm also trying to figure out if this is the last round of interviews or if they are interviewing for the waitlist at this point. Interested in this program but have been accepted to other schools so I just want to make sure it would be worth the expense to go out and interview.

I'd recommend calling and explaining your situation to them.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Just received my interview invite for Nov 7, anyone else interviewing then?

I'm also trying to figure out if this is the last round of interviews or if they are interviewing for the waitlist at this point. Interested in this program but have been accepted to other schools so I just want to make sure it would be worth the expense to go out and interview.

It's the last round of interviews from what I understand, but I believe there are still spots open. 

Hey all.. Just wondering if I'm the only one still in this boat.. I haven't heard from like half of my schools and it already seems so late in the cycle..

My CASPA was verified June 16th

Great GPAs for undergrad and grad and science alone (3.75+)

Just completed my Master's Degree in HR & Operations

lots of volunteer and shadowing and clinical hours

previous medical school student

JW if others still haven't heard back either... :(

Have you emailed them? I'm thinking about emailing or calling but I don't want it to be in my record. I have heard back from most of the schools I applied to. UTMB is the only one I haven't heard from.

So @bp07 what was you stats like your gpa, GRE score and etc. Also when did you apply? I was wondering where I stand compared to the people who already got accepted. I interviewed on 10/10 but haven't heard anything back so I was wondering what else can I do to make me look better and stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So @bp07 what was you stats like your gpa, GRE score and etc. Also when did you apply? I was wondering where I stand compared to the people who already got accepted. I interviewed on 10/10 but haven't heard anything back so I was wondering what else can I do to make me look better and stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cGPA was 3.50 and I applied on 06/14. I know the waiting process is hard, especially after interviews, but stay positive! Good luck!

Yup, it was a double interview. I would say there were about 35 in each session. 

Thanks!!!

So, im guessing that the first 3 interviews were probably single sessions judging from what I've read.... So, I'm guessing that they've interviewed about 315ish people to date... and another 70 on 11/07... So I'm guessing about 385 total interviews for 90 spots. so if you get an interview, you have a 1 in 4 chance of getting accepted outright before the waitlist (my math is obviously not perfect and im simplifying to a certain extent but you get my drift...) I'll definitely let yall know if the 11/07 interview is a double session.

Archived