2016-2017 Application Thread

Just received my "forwarded for review" email on Friday even though I had already been notified in early October that they had received all of my application elements. Thank you to the person who posted that they are only in the first half of their interviews, definitely helped ease my mind knowing that interviews will still be going out for at least a month. Fingers crossed for everyone on here!

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanted to connect with everyone from 11/14 interviews! It was awesome meeting you all. It was such a positive interview experience overall and I'm blown away by how outstanding the program and faculty are. I feel like all the applicants clicked together very well too. Hopefully we'll be hearing some good news very soon :) The wait is so hard! 

For anybody wondering about Interview day, and how it would be, don`t worry at all. You might get nervous at start of day but those nerves will go away as soon as you meet other applicants. Everybody around you at that time is going through same feelings. 

Till lunch you will not be doing much other than sitting and coming to know other applicants. This takes the nerves away and makes you comfortable. 

After lunch actual fun begins. But all these hours have put you at ease and by this time you are engrossed into other applicants and their stories. This takes your mind off the interview process.

Then depending upon your group you will either take individual interviews first or a group exercise. Group exercise is just talking your fellow applicants in your group. So nothing to be nervous about.

Individual interviews are just regular conversational interviews. They would ask you some questions to basically know why you want to be a PA. It is usually 15-20 min each for two interviews. 

So in nutshell, you meet a lot of other applicants, some faculty. You wait a lot and you talk a lot with a lot of different people. You would not be as nervous as your might be before it. 

YUP exactly as you put it! There was  a lot of sitting around and waiting. The faculty and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Get to know the candidates you are there with, especially the ones in your group, who knows you might end up being class mates!

YUP exactly as you put it! There was a lot of sitting around and waiting. The faculty and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Get to know the candidates you are there with, especially the ones in your group, who knows you might end up being class mates!

At least 3 (including myself) from my group got accepted. Get a heads up in getting to know your future classmates.

I just received my "application forwarded for review" email and I was complete on October 17th. For those of you that had your application forwarded for review a few weeks before mine, has anyone heard back about an interview invite? Just wondering about how long its taking at this point in the cycle.

I just received my "application forwarded for review" email and I was complete on October 17th. For those of you that had your application forwarded for review a few weeks before mine, has anyone heard back about an interview invite? Just wondering about how long its taking at this point in the cycle.

I also got the application complete on Oct 17, application under review Nov 11. From others' general timelines I've gathered that it's about a month's time to interview invite. I haven't heard back one way or another yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm seriously confused. I submitted October 12th and I still haven't been taken out of the que. Is it possible that they are not reviewing in order?

Based on what ds2877 said, I would think they may not be reviewing in order of received because my application was complete on October 17th, just as ds2877's was, but they received their under review email on November 11th and I just received mine today. I would venture to say you should receive something within the next week because there's only 19 more days until their cut off of December 20th.

First Year at Duke PA here. For those of you who are still wondering how things work – the Program has a dynamic stack of applicants. There is no normal amount of time to hear back. There are 6 weeks of Interviews. In the Fall, as the Applications keep rolling in until Deadline, the Pile keeps changing. Even after Deadline, after Interviewees are Accepted, Waitliated, or Rejected, the Pile therefore keeps changing (and getting smaller). As the Pile changes, the Committee evaluates each student relative to the strength of the current Pile. The strongest applicants in the Pile get priority for the Interviews. The last series of Interviews are in mid-January, and Applicants are usually notified of Interview Invites about 2-4 weeks ahead of time. I was invited a little over 4 weeks before my Interview Date.

Hope that helps clarify!

–Tapatalk for iOS–

Archived