2016-2017 Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow it looks like they got back to the Oct 26th interview group really quickly! Congrats to you all! Any pointers??? It's so hard to imagine staying calm and just being yourself at a program such as Duke!

I just got an e-mail inviting me to interview at the end of this month, November 30th! I am beyond thrilled!

Wow it looks like they got back to the Oct 26th interview group really quickly! Congrats to you all! Any pointers??? It's so hard to imagine staying calm and just being yourself at a program such as Duke!

I just got an e-mail inviting me to interview at the end of this month, November 30th! I am beyond thrilled!

When was your supplemental submitted/application sent for review?

When was your supplemental submitted/application sent for review?

Hi, I had a unique situation with my application timeline...

I submitted my verified application on CASPA on 7/25/16

I had the unfortunate luck where my Supplemental e-mail link was routed to my Spam inbox and never saw it (it was sent on 8/3) and I ended up calling them and they sent it again to me on 9/12.

Submitted my supplemental on 9/24 and received E-mail confirmation application was completed 9/26/2016

Application was forwarded for review 10/5/16

Received interview invite today 11/2 to interview 11/30.

Hope this helps!

Glad you called them! I know someone in my class who got invited to Interview and it went to their Spam Box. They only found out after Wendy called them to ask if they still wanted to come interview. Ha.

Not to beat a dead dog - but to answer your question about how to prepare - just be yourself and try to be open and humble. The Faculty really just wants to get to know you. Out of all my PA School Interviews, Duke was totally the most low-key and friendly.

If you have more specific questions about the Interview experience or the what it's like to study here at DPAP, please feel free to PM me.

Hope that helps!

Hi, I had a unique situation with my application timeline...

I submitted my verified application on CASPA on 7/25/16

I had the unfortunate luck where my Supplemental e-mail link was routed to my Spam inbox and never saw it (it was sent on 8/3) and I ended up calling them and they sent it again to me on 9/12.

Submitted my supplemental on 9/24 and received E-mail confirmation application was completed 9/26/2016

Received interview invite today 11/2 to interview 11/30.

Hope this helps!

–Tapatalk for iOS–

Glad you called them! I know someone in my class who got invited to Interview and it went to their Spam Box. They only found out after Wendy called them to ask if they still wanted to come interview. Ha.

Not to beat a dead dog - but to answer your question about how to prepare - just be yourself and try to be open and humble. The Faculty really just wants to get to know you. Out of all my PA School Interviews, Duke was totally the most low-key and friendly.

If you have more specific questions about the Interview experience or the what it's like to study here at DPAP, please feel free to PM me.

Hope that helps!

–Tapatalk for iOS–

I will definitely message you once I get composed and let the excitement calm down to formulate thoughtful questions :)

Congrats on the interview invite. I was in the October 26 interview. It seems that a good number of us got accepted, which makes me so happy because I really did enjoy many of the applicants' company there. It makes me look forward to the phenomenal class I'll be working with next year. Advice wise, really do be yourself. They are not trying to trick you. If you're a good fit, then it'll show. I think they did a really good job in asking questions that catered to my personality and my passions.

Oh stay hydrated! My mouth gets dry a lot when I talk for a while. I always bring a bottle of water along with me in any meeting with a interviewer.

Congrats! I'm a current first year if you (or any other interviewing applicants) have questions about the Duke PA Program or the Interview Day.

Cheers!

Got my invitation to interview today!!! I am over the moon!! Any advice is welcomed!!! I will be interviewing November 16

Application sent: 9/23

Application forwarded for review: 10/11

Invitation to interview: 11/2

–Tapatalk for iOS–

If I had my applications submitted before the early consideration deadline (August 15) and haven't heard anything beyond the "application complete and forwarded for review" email, is it pretty safe to assume I'll be receiving a denial letter next month?

I know they are still offering interviews, but it seems they are well beyond the "early consideration" applicants.

For those who are still wondering how things work with Committee – basically, applicants are continuously evaluated relative to the rest of the pile, and the pile keeps changing, so your potential for interview is related to the strengths of your file compared to the rest of the pile at the different times that the Committee meets to make decisions.

That said, we are now 2 Interview Weeks down, with 4 more Interview Weeks still to go:

⋅ 11/14/16 - 11/18/16

⋅ 11/28/16 - 12/2/16

⋅ 1/9/17 - 1/13/17

⋅ 1/23/17 - 1/27/17

Hope that demystifies things a little. Hang tight; try to stay positive. I know things can be a little stressful when you're waiting. Be kind to yourself.

So you know, I turned in my Secondary App on the very last day of Duke's deadline last year, and then Interviewed in January. And now I'm here! Strange things can happen! [emoji898][emoji4]

If I had my applications submitted before the early consideration deadline (August 15) and haven't heard anything beyond the "application complete and forwarded for review" email, is it pretty safe to assume I'll be receiving a denial letter next month?

I know they are still offering interviews, but it seems they are well beyond the "early consideration" applicants.

–Tapatalk for iOS–

For anybody wondering about Interview day, and how it would be, don`t worry at all. You might get nervous at start of day but those nerves will go away as soon as you meet other applicants. Everybody around you at that time is going through same feelings. 

Till lunch you will not be doing much other than sitting and coming to know other applicants. This takes the nerves away and makes you comfortable. 

After lunch actual fun begins. But all these hours have put you at ease and by this time you are engrossed into other applicants and their stories. This takes your mind off the interview process.

Then depending upon your group you will either take individual interviews first or a group exercise. Group exercise is just talking your fellow applicants in your group. So nothing to be nervous about.

Individual interviews are just regular conversational interviews. They would ask you some questions to basically know why you want to be a PA. It is usually 15-20 min each for two interviews. 

So in nutshell, you meet a lot of other applicants, some faculty. You wait a lot and you talk a lot with a lot of different people. You would not be as nervous as your might be before it. 

Archived