2016-2017 Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Answer Your Questions:

1) The AdCom usually meets after a particular Interview Week is over. There are 6 such interview weeks per Admissions Cycle. And Responses typically go out about 10-14 days after the Interview Day.

2) To my knowledge, Duke PA usually sends out Acceptance Letters via Email, followed by Snail Mail, not Phone Calls.

Does Duke make decision after each interview day or do they wait after several groups have interviewed before making calls for acceptance!?

–Tapatalk for iOS–

To Answer Your Questions:

1) The AdCom usually meets after a particular Interview Week is over. There are 6 such interview weeks per Admissions Cycle. And Responses typically go out about 10-14 days after the Interview Day.

2) To my knowledge, Duke PA usually sends out Acceptance Letters via Email, followed by Snail Mail, not Phone Calls.

–Tapatalk for iOS–

DPAP, I was hoping to shake your hand at Interview Day, today. You've been so helpful throughout this process:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else waiting to hear back after being tabled for re-review? Been anxiously waiting since October :p Best of luck to everyone!

I am also waiting to hear back after being tabled. I haven't heard anything yet, but from what I understand, they are generating the waitlist at the end of the month! Anxiously awaiting... Good luck to everyone!!  

Honestly not sure about the exact number of open spots left yet. That number is in constant flux as new acceptances go out here and elsewhere at otjer Paa Sxhools. It becomes a.game.of.musical chairs where the numbers change dynicamically.

As far as notifications – they usually go out about 7-10 days after the interview date.

Anybody heard back from Duke after Wed 25th Interviews? How many vacant seats still are there?

–Tapatalk for iOS–

As already stated, Thursday the 26th was the last interview. When I interviewed, they informed us that one third of the seats are left.

Typically, the AdCom convenes on Friday to make their decisions regarding the interviewees for that particular interview week. However, we were informed that the first week of interviews in January had not been discussed by AdCom and would be lumped together with last week's interviews to be considered for the last remaining 30 seats. Due to this change, we were told the decisions could possibly take longer than the typical 7 to 10 days. Decisions will be made no later than March 1st, with the exception of being pulled from the waitlist if someone no longer wants their seat.

So sit back, and enjoy the anxiety attack every time you hear a ding on your phone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

As already stated, Thursday the 26th was the last interview. When I interviewed, they informed us that one third of the seats are left.

Typically, the AdCom convenes on Friday to make their decisions regarding the interviewees for that particular interview week. However, we were informed that the first week of interviews in January had not been discussed by AdCom and would be lumped together with last week's interviews to be considered for the last remaining 30 seats. Due to this change, we were told the decisions could possibly take longer than the typical 7 to 10 days. Decisions will be made no later than March 1st, with the exception of being pulled from the waitlist if someone no longer wants their seat.

So sit back, and enjoy the anxiety attack every time you hear a ding on your phone!

I personally got in at Duke PA program few months back. I am just checking these for one of my friend who interviewed recently. 

Just received an email saying I've been put on the wait list.

If you've been accepted but have decided to go somewhere else, please let Duke know! ????

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

How far down on the waitlist? Also, do we know how many they have pulled from the waitlist in the past?

I'd rather not say my position on the list, I didn't even tell my family the number!

But last year they moved a lot, the year before they didn't move at all. It could go either way.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Do we have to ask about our number, or will they tell us in an email?! Also, will we know when the ranked list has been generated?

Archived