2016-2017 Application Thread

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First year student here:

The Waitlist varies in length each year, and the number of students that gain acceptance off the list also varies considerably each year. And it doesn't become clear until a little later into the Spring.

I know it's tough to not have more specific info. There just isn't any. Hold tight and hope for the best! :-)

Does anyone know how long the waitlist usually is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

–Tapatalk for iOS–

I interviewed mid November and got an email from Wendy in December saying that I would hear about final decisions by the end of January/early February. I still haven't heard back - no rejection/wait list/acceptance or anything.

Good news for those on the wait list though - if I am accepted, I won't take the spot because I'm going to a school on the west coast. (Though the odds are against me for being accepted at DUKE). Good luck, and I'll post if I hear anything! 

I'm curious...has everyone received a waitlist number? I received a number, but considering there were approximately 30 seats available during the last week of interviews and in the email I was told they were still reviewing applications it seemed a bit unconventional to rank a list while still in the process of reviewing. 

I'm curious...has everyone received a waitlist number? I received a number, but considering there were approximately 30 seats available during the last week of interviews and in the email I was told they were still reviewing applications it seemed a bit unconventional to rank a list while still in the process of reviewing.

Just my $.02 but I'm assuming they wanted us to commit to the waitlist sooner than later before they send out a cycle of rejections. They could conceivably add people to the waitlist if some of us withdrew from the list. I'm also hoping (maybe naively) that any review of tabled applicants won't end up pushing me further down the waitlist!

Just my $.02 but I'm assuming they wanted us to commit to the waitlist sooner than later before they send out a cycle of rejections. They could conceivably add people to the waitlist if some of us withdrew from the list. I'm also hoping (maybe naively) that any review of tabled applicants won't end up pushing me further down the waitlist!

I'm glad you said that. That's basically my concern at the moment. I wonder how many seats have actually been filled at this point. Reading earlier post they have already dipped into the waitlist a bit, but I'm not super high up so I'm just hoping for the best.

Has anyone else from the waitlist heard of any news?

I emailed Wendy about a week ago and was told that I, including everyone else on the waitlist, have moved up a couple spots as expected from the most recent comments about admission from the waitlist. It's still strange to me that there really hasn't been much noise about flat out acceptances. Usually I expect to see some kind of update on the forums about people getting the good news

Dont worry about that so much — same thing happened to us last year.

Here's the thing – not everyone uses this Forum. Boom Shakalaka!

And movement can happen as time goes on. I know someone in my class who got in really, really late when someone else withdrew super late due to some big-time family issues.

I emailed Wendy about a week ago and was told that I, including everyone else on the waitlist, have moved up a couple spots as expected from the most recent comments about admission from the waitlist. It's still strange to me that there really hasn't been much noise about flat out acceptances. Usually I expect to see some kind of update on the forums about people getting the good news

–Tapatalk for iOS–

There are two things I'm doing as a waitlister:

1) Keeping $1125 set aside so I can pay the deposit

2) Downsizing my junk so I'll be ready to move on short notice

If I never get The Call, I'll have money in the bank and a really clean house:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived