2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap. I may have made a big mistake on my supplemental. I was reviewing my essay again and it only shows about half of what I wrote/submitted. Eeek! I don't remember it saying any word or character limit, but I kept it at ~500 words. Hopefully this isn't a mistake.

I wonder if anyone else noticed the same thing on theirs. Gahhhh!!!!

@hilliaryj: I appreciate your response and suggestion. If there's a word limit, I hope it will not negatively affect my chances.

How did everyone's interview go today? Let us know all the excitements that we missed out on! :) Hopefully the acceptance call is just around the corner!  

Hi there, I'm not allowed to give details but some of the advice i can give you is, one be yourself and practice what you want to say as much as possible. Sometimes nerves can make you forget things. For example in my case there was so much more I could have said but nerves got in the way because it was my first interview ever. There is a web page with 46 most common questions asked, grab those questions as a template to practice. Grab someone you don't know so you know how it feels to interview with someone new. Just keep in mind that they can ask you anything.

Thanks for the news everyone -

Submitted secondary 6/21

No news yet, and it is making me anxious!

A close friend submitted secondary 6/2 and received rejection.

Congrats to those who have recently had interviews and best of luck!

Did your friend receive an email or a letter rejection? Its also been weeks since I submitted my application and I am wondering where I stand.

Eren-- thank you for the response. Just trying to make travel arrangements since I'm flying in! I haven't received an email with instructions...I'm assuming it will come closer to the interview date...?

If you are making travel arrangement come at least a day before. There is a hotel super close to the school, like 3 minutes away in car. I would advice to stay there to make it easy on you. The email you will receive is pretty much just to confirm the day and time and to print parking pass. The day most likely will start at 7:30 and finish at 2:00.

But wait for the email in case something change. Also they might send you an email to confirm that you are going. The you will reply that you will or will not. 

I hope it helps and good luck with the interview.

He received an email late July. When did you submit your secondary?

Ok, guys let me explain something to clear some doubts in regards when and how people get called. This is general for any school. In my own experience, I noticed that application time does not predict when you are going to be called processed. For example, when I submitted my CASPA, I submitted a month before one of my classmates submitted his and we both got verified the exact same day. I think CASPA has a cycling system for an entire region or school at once. Also  noticed that schools do interviews first to people that either have high GPA or GRE, then they wait to see if they get more applicants and do the same thing. Then after the deadline or time in which they do not accept more applications comes, they speed up the process. So schools are fishing for the better product all the time which is fair because they want to make sure people are serious at this level of education.

Also to those people that don't have great GPA do not loose hope. I saw one student getting accepted with a GPA of 2.7 but that student was stronger in other areas as well. Also I have seen students that had excellent GPA and do not get accepted.

It's ok to kind of predict things as you see fit, but i would not count on that at all. I used to do that and when I realized how school works, I stop to worry about it. Think about it this way. I f you do not get accepted, what else could you be doing mean while? maybe work as an EMT or do more volunteer work while you enjoy life. Then you will be ready to come back with stronger force to finish your career :)

Thank you for the heads up. If that's the case, that would be great as there were limited flights out from Phoenix.

I interviewed last year as well (am now in the class of 2018) and we were done by 1:30 as well. I had a 4pm flight home out of Sky Harbor and was worried about time but I had plenty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived