Franklin Pierce - AZ (Hybrid) 2021-2022 Cycle

Starting a thread for the 2021-2022 cycle. I had no idea that they were going to apply for accreditation this year, I've only seen their status as pending for the last couple of months. It's located in a smaller building that will most likely be sharing a space with their PT program that seems fairly new as well. Thoughts on taking the risk to apply to this developing program? 

Edited by danii97

• danii97 changed the title to Franklin Pierce - AZ (Hybrid) 2021-2022 Cycle
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 9:32 PM, Ellegray said:

Hi! 

I'm interested in this program as well! I think there are pros and cons to developing programs. Obviously, they have a lot of work cut out for them but they need their first few classes to succeed so I think they're more invested in students and their feedback. It'll be interesting to see if they get their provisional accreditation.

Do you know much about this school on other campuses?

Unfortunately I do not know much about their New Hampshire campus, but I've heard that they've sent people from there to help get the ball rolling. Besides it being new, I'm also a bit nervous about it being a hybrid program. They updated their website with more FAQ's too so hopefully you get some of your questions answered! https://www.franklinpierce.edu/academics/gradstudies/programs_of_study/mpas-az/

21 minutes ago, Ellegray said:

Thank you for that link!

I know... I think hybrid learning can be a bit daunting. It is nice to have the flexibility but I also value the face-to-face instruction and contact with other students!

No problem! And that's exactly how I feel too. I'm going to try to get in contact with some current students at the New Hampshire campus, but I think it'll still be hard to gauge how they'll run it here. I also emailed the AZ program for more information, but they just referred me to the website. The good news is, if you get accepted this cycle but they don't receive the accreditation, they'll refund the seat deposit!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 12:48 AM, Ellegray said:

That's a good idea! At least they will be able to speak to the quality of the instruction and the material etc. I'm sure a lot of the program will be modelled off the residential program. 

I hope they do get accredited! I think as well, since they have a residential program that is accredited, they'll have an easier job getting the hybrid program accredited. Unless I'm way off point here..

I agree! I've been looking at their PANCE scores for their in-person campus and how long that program has been established (since 2009). Let me know what you guys decide !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mmass713 said:

Hey guys, I decided to take a chance and submitted my application on 06/05. I received an email from the school this morning (06/07)stating they received my application.

That's great to hear! I'm also going to apply as well, I've been waiting on my last LOR to come in and I'm aiming to submit no later than next week. Good luck to everyone!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, luuulu said:

when did you apply?

I think in a previous post, they said June 23rd. I may be overthinking, but I'm thinking they're going in alphabetical order (based on my assumption of their usernames,? KB, then AC? I'm just guessing lol). I submitted on 06/05 and received the "under initial review" email on 06/07. Sorry for the breakdown lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!! I am going to apply too. The only thing I am concerned with is the biological science (8credits). I have my BS in nutrition and dietetics and currently a Registered Dietitan. I have taken many pre recs including bio with lab but it's only 4 credits. What are other classes that could fulfill that requirement? Thank you !!

58 minutes ago, Jwill said:

Hi all!! I am going to apply too. The only thing I am concerned with is the biological science (8credits). I have my BS in nutrition and dietetics and currently a Registered Dietitan. I have taken many pre recs including bio with lab but it's only 4 credits. What are other classes that could fulfill that requirement? Thank you !!

Would you happen to have taken Bio 2? Or any other Biology electives? (ex. Microbiology, Cell Biology, Immunology, Plant Physiology etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

I received this 5/12/21 is it normal that I haven’t heard anything yet :

Thank you for your interest in the Franklin Pierce University Hybrid Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program.  We have received your CASPA application. 

In the coming weeks, your application will undergo an initial review by program staff to ensure that you meet the program’s minimum requirements.  Once this review is completed, you will receive notification of your status by e-mail.  The wait can sometimes feel lengthy, but please know that we are processing a high volume of applications and will send you an update as soon as we're able.