On 12/19/2017 at 7:09 PM, sabrinaxo said:

Hey everyone! 

Just a prospective candidate for the 2020 class at MWU. I was wondering how the interview process is at Midwestern University- AZ. 

What types of questions were asked?

Thanks and best wishes to all :) 

Hi! 

I interviewed on December 4th and overall it was an awesome experience! You'll get there around 7:45AM and the day ended at about 1:15-1:30PM. When you arrive they'll put the applicants in a big room and you have about 15-20 minutes to chat before going into the introduction/welcome. Our group was on the bigger side from what I heard (25 or so) but don't let that stress you out!

After that, you'll get assigned a group for your interview (3 to a group) and certain groups will start with a campus tour while others go straight into a group interview. I don't really remember the specific questions but it will be a mix of questions directly related to the experience listed on your CASPA application, why you like Midwestern, why you like the PA profession, what's going on with the PA profession today and maybe even a silly question (If you could have a super power what would it be? etc.). 

My absolute best advice to you is to relax, take a breath and be yourself. The interview process is just an opportunity to show the faculty who you are. My panel was really easy to talk to, they really do make an effort to put you at ease. Don't get me wrong, I was definitely a little nervous but just don't let the nerves take over! 

I ended up getting in (they got back to us super quick - 2 days after interviews!) I hope to see you when classes start! Good luck and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions :)

Archived