2016-2017 Application Cycle

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else in the "review process"? I got in contact with a few people from admissions and I've been in this "review process" for a few weeks now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to mentioned that all of my app was received by the beginning of September (checked through the supp app).

Does anyone know the attrition rate for this program? If they have had class sizes of 70 students each year, then it seems concerning to me that so few have taken the PANCE for the past two years. Either the attrition rate is quite high or there is something that I'm missing. I did see in the program guidebook that they would be expanding the class to 70 students but they already had 70 or more from 2011 - 2013, so did they decrease the class size for a few years? That would explain it.

https://www.atsu.edu/ashs/programs/physician_assistant/pdfs/5-year-pance-performance-report.pdf

Anyway, the only two interview dates open at this point are December 14 or January 11 and I'm assuming that those will be for waitlist spots. It's a difficult decision when you need to factor in the expenses of a flight, hotel, car, and days off work.

But I would like to say that all of you in this thread are so supportive and so incredibly nice! I would be very happy to be a part of a class with people such as yourselves :)

Does anyone know the attrition rate for this program? If they have had class sizes of 70 students each year, then it seems concerning to me that so few have taken the PANCE for the past two years. Either the attrition rate is quite high or there is something that I'm missing. I did see in the program guidebook that they would be expanding the class to 70 students but they already had 70 or more from 2011 - 2013, so did they decrease the class size for a few years? That would explain it.

https://www.atsu.edu/ashs/programs/physician_assistant/pdfs/5-year-pance-performance-report.pdf

Anyway, the only two interview dates open at this point are December 14 or January 11 and I'm assuming that those will be for waitlist spots. It's a difficult decision when you need to factor in the expenses of a flight, hotel, car, and days off work.

But I would like to say that all of you in this thread are so supportive and so incredibly nice! I would be very happy to be a part of a class with people such as yourselves :)

It is very hard to fail out of this program, they have remediation processes set up if students fail an exam/course but the only time a student fails out is why they don't want to be here. The program tries to graduate 100% and from my personal knowledge they have for at least the past few years.

They did drop down to 50 students for at least a couple years and I don't believe it was until the class of 2016 that it went back up to 70.

It is very hard to fail out of this program, they have remediation processes set up if students fail an exam/course but the only time a student fails out is why they don't want to be here. The program tries to graduate 100% and from my personal knowledge they have for at least the past few years.

They did drop down to 50 students for at least a couple years and I don't believe it was until the class of 2016 that it went back up to 70.

Thank you! That context helps a lot. :)

Hi All!

I was recently accepted into AT Still's program and I'm super excited because this was my top choice. However, I have been having a really hard time getting in touch with the admissions coordinator and this makes me nervous. I just have a few questions I want answered before I accept my spot. I also got my acceptance call, acceptance letter, and acceptance packet on separate days. It wasn't until I asked for my contract a week after receiving the packet that the contract was emailed to me. I was wondering if anyone else is having a difficult time getting all their materials from admissions? 

Hi All!

I was recently accepted into AT Still's program and I'm super excited because this was my top choice. However, I have been having a really hard time getting in touch with the admissions coordinator and this makes me nervous. I just have a few questions I want answered before I accept my spot. I also got my acceptance call, acceptance letter, and acceptance packet on separate days. It wasn't until I asked for my contract a week after receiving the packet that the contract was emailed to me. I was wondering if anyone else is having a difficult time getting all their materials from admissions? 

Hi, by the way, your name is great! So, according to Bonnie, we are still awaiting to sign our official contracts. I think that they are waiting to fill all seats in the class and waitlist before they send these out, but I am not positive. This doesn't mean that our spots are not saved, they are 100% secure. Yet, when we sign that contract, we will have to pay the fee to save our spot. Bonnie said these contracts are forthcoming. I am trying to be as patient as possible in awaiting this. I know it is hard, but it is out of our control! They have been extremely busy, Bonnie has all of her usual duties on top of admissions season with multiple interviews and other events to plan. I know she gets an unbelievable number of emails in a day. Just try to be patient. If there was a reason to worry then people would be posting more. Right now, relax! You got into the program and should be proud of that. There is no reason to stress. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the class of 2019!

hello! Has anyone heard anything from last week's 10/19 interview?  Were we interviewing for wait list spots only? I thought they would've told us if that was case. I suppose it's still early, I just see that most people who posted got acceptance calls the Friday after the interview. 

Archived