2016-2017 Application cycle

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm cross posting this from the military section since I know there are numerous military folks that applied to Utah or currently in the program and checking out this thread. Here is my question in regards to Voc Rehab....I really appreciate it.

I just got accepted into a PA program and filing for Voc Rehab. I just finished some of the paperwork and was told that I will be getting a letter in the mail about more details and appointment. I have a 10% service connection for tinnitus but not for sure how to...as Corpsman89 stated "I would suggest thinking about why becoming a PA would help your disability. That is the key."

How would I relate this service connection with being a PA? I currently work for the VA with no job difficulties so I don't know how any of this is going to go down.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated it.

Thank you

Great to meet so many excellent candidates, we are excited to add a bunch to the UPAP family! As I told many of you, if you don't get in it isn't the end of the road. You made it to this point because you will be a great PA. Some great things take a bit of time! Good luck to you all!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hello Team!

Just so people's questions don't get dismissed, two things:

1.) Anyone from the waitlist got notified for an interview?

2.) For people who have received an interview, will they receive rejection letters? OR if we don't hear anything past November 15, it's assumed that it's a rejection?

Thanks in advance! Keep up the hope!

1- not sure, nobody mentioned whether or not they were on the interview waitlist.

2- you should hear something one way or another, be that accepted, rejected or waitlist. If waitlisted, don't lose hope. They have gone out as far as 12 on the waitlist in the past, but usually around 4-6.

Hope that answers your questions and good luck!

1- not sure, nobody mentioned whether or not they were on the interview waitlist.

2- you should hear something one way or another, be that accepted, rejected or waitlist. If waitlisted, don't lose hope. They have gone out as far as 12 on the waitlist in the past, but usually around 4-6.

Hope that answers your questions and good luck!

Thank you for answering our questions! I really do appreciate it and I'm glad that an answer will be given. I know on the UPAP website it says that November 15th is the final day for decisions, I'm assuming that holds true still.

Congrats to everyone, accepted or not! The staff have been raving today about how impressed they were with everyone who interviewed. If you didn't get accepted, don't give up! We will have an additional 17 slots next year for the satellite program that's opening down at Dixie State! Get working on improving your resume and interview skills for next year and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

For those who were accepted, congratulations! You are one of the main topics today between us 1st year students and we can't wait to get to know you all. We will be in contact once all mentors have been assigned!

Really looking forward to meeting you guys next year. Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I met so many fantastic people at the interview I know you guys will have a good class next year! 

If you didn't make it this year, keep up with it. There are many re-applicants accepted every year! 

Accepted! I can't believe it, I am beyond grateful for this opportunity! I must thank my amazing friends who helped mentor me and encourage me. Also much thanks to my beautiful fiancé for supporting my dream! Huge thanks to Doris for her guidance and my interviewers for seeing how badly I want this and how hard I will work to make the PA profession proud.

Archived