2016-2017 Application cycle

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rejected.

Verified: (pre-final grades) cGPA - 3.5 (3.54 post final grades) | sGPA - 3.45 (3.53 post final grades)

PCE - 1.5K, I submitted early and had them project my hours. I had around 2.1K at the deadline. 

***This program was a long shot and based on their student demographics, I knew I was going up against highly qualified applicants.

Good luck to those who were invited :) and continue hanging on those who were wait-listed for an interview.

Hi NoNameToUse,

I was rejected as well, out of state and had a 3.6 overall 3.75 science and 4000+ of patient care hours. I'm not really sure why we didn't at least get interviews. Must have been a really really great pool of applicants to choose from.

This is an interesting stance, I was waitlisted to interview and have similar stats. I was rejected last year, remember UPAP is pretty holistic in their review and academics isn't everything.

I would encourage you to seek feedback in the new year, it was very helpful for me not only for UPAP but for apps at other schools. Good luck.

I will be there the weekend of November 11,12 , looking forward to it. To the rest, please remain persistent and continue applying never give up on your dreams!

Here are my stats:

cGPA: 3.77 (210 credit hours )

sGPA: 3.67 (119 credit hours)

Undergrad degree nutrition

PCE: 4068 EMT-I urban and Rural EMS

HCE 6240 Certified Mental Heath Case Manager, Social Work, Substance abuse Treatment with underserved Homeless population for VOA UT non-profit

I'm from Texas but have lived in Utah for last four years.

Hi NoNameToUse,

I was rejected as well, out of state and had a 3.6 overall 3.75 science and 4000+ of patient care hours. I'm not really sure why we didn't at least get interviews. Must have been a really really great pool of applicants to choose from.

I'm in the same boat... 3600 MA hours at an urgent care. I'm an out of state applicant as well. 3.4 overall, 3.33science. I'm so bummed! Congrats to all! Such a great program :)

Hello,

Anyone knows anything about Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology exams ? Is there any minimum score you have to get it? does it count towards your admission decision? I will appreciate your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

The test is very straightforward. It's mostly used as a tiebreaker as many applicants score within a very close range. I would brush up on these topics but definitely focus more on your interview skills and being prepared to "sell yourself". Hope this helps! :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived