2016-2017 application cycle!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bdavila when did you interview? Was this the first time applying or did you apply last year? Were you waitlisted last year if you applied previously? Any idea how they are doing early acceptances? Anxious, can you tell? Thanks!

Interviewed 10/27

Second year applying and interviewing. Rejected last year.

Guest Marina Zanzarini

Yes! I talked to our class president, and he is on it! As soon as it is live, I will create a new thread with more info.

Hang in there, and good luck to y'all!

Hello Future Class of 2018! 

My name is Max, and I am the current President of the MSPA Class of 2018. I'd like to Congratulate you all for making it to this point! It has been a long, stressful, and anxious journey from starting the CASPA application all the way to attending the interview, but you are here, and you have made it! PA school WILL be difficult, and PA school WILL be overwhelming, BUT...believe in yourself. You made it this far, and you will make it all the way to PA-C. PA school WILL also be very rewarding. My class and I are extremely thankful for all of the current second-year students who have guided us into the program; it is our turn now, and the 2018 Class will help guide and transition you into the awesome experience that is WesternU PA school.

We have made a Facebook Group for you to join and to get to know your future peers. A few first-year students are on this page as well to answer any questions that you may have and to get to know you guys. Please private message me on here with you FB email, first and last name and I will add you to the group. Please bare with me as we are going to be taking finals for the next 2-3 weeks. 

Just as a disclaimer, this is a Facebook group set up by students and not an official WesternU page. Remember to be professional and respectful, and I would not recommend posting things that you would not feel comfortable having faculty or administrators see.

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! I look forward to seeing you on the Facebook group and in person.

Warm Regards, 

Max

Hi everyone!

Congratulations to all that have been accepted!! My interview is next Wednesday 12/14. I am starting to get nervous. I have been going over various questions commonly asked in PA school interviews. I am glad I got on this forum and noticed that the interview is in the MMI format since I have not practiced much of that so far. My plan now is find some common MMI questions and start timing myself when answering them, any other suggestions?

Isabel

@arezuie I think above all else, just be yourself. Be positive and smile. Don't rush through your answer or feel obligated to take up the entire time they give you. Some questions don't require a long answer. Everyone there was very positive and friendly, so hopefully you will be comfortable and not nervous. Good luck!

Archived