2016-2017 application cycle!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just cancelled my interview for December 14th. Timeline listed below.

August 25th - CASPA App & Supp App submitted

August 26th -  Received Secondary Application confirmation e-mail

August 30th - Received CASPA Application confirmation e-mail

September 7th - Received Application Ready for Review e-mail

September 23rd - Received Interview Invitation e-mail

December 14th - Interview date

Can anyone who already interviewed this year let us know what the interview style was? I have my interview tomorrow (10/27) and when I first signed up for the interview dates, I read on the google forum that it was going to be "Interview (you plus interview panel of two to three members) ". I even copied and pasted this information down because I knew that it has always been MMI. But I checked the google forum again recently and it changed to MMI. I just want to make sure what the format is because this is super confusing!

Be ready for MMI format.

Can anyone who already interviewed this year let us know what the interview style was? I have my interview tomorrow (10/27) and when I first signed up for the interview dates, I read on the google forum that it was going to be "Interview (you plus interview panel of two to three members) ". I even copied and pasted this information down because I knew that it has always been MMI. But I checked the google forum again recently and it changed to MMI. I just want to make sure what the format is because this is super confusing!

Be ready for MMI format.

Can someone plz tell me more about the MMI format! this is my first interview and im really nervous as what a MMi is and what they will ask me!

4 rooms, 1 question per room, 6 minutes to answer per question. 2 people will be in each room interviewing you. Just be honest and precise with your answer. Don't drag it out, don't be afraid that it was over too quickly. Some questions only took 20 seconds to answer, where other questions took the whole time. If they probe you, don't get thrown off, just be ready to respond. Smile, and be polite. 

4 rooms, 1 question per room, 6 minutes to answer per question. 2 people will be in each room interviewing you. Just be honest and precise with your answer. Don't drag it out, don't be afraid that it was over too quickly. Some questions only took 20 seconds to answer, where other questions took the whole time. If they probe you, don't get thrown off, just be ready to respond. Smile, and be polite. 

Thank you so much for your help!! I had an interview in NY but Western is my number one choice and other there they just asked simple questions. what kind of questions do they usually ask here and whats the best way to prepare for them?

@cowgirlpa: Thanks a lot for the info! That's extremely helpful!

It is really nice that Western U keeps us on the loop. From what I've gathered and I'm not sure if it's still the same, they base their first interviews off of GPAs. So, applicants with higher GPAs will get first dibs and if they still have more room, they then look at peeps with lower GPAs. I think the cut off last year was around 3.3-3.4. If you're on the other end of the spectrum, hang tight (like myself) and we'll eventually hear from Western U one way or another.

Happy Halloween everyone! Be safe! :)

@ns62761: Yes, when I first submitted my supplemental it was marked as "Incomplete. Items Outstanding" under Application Status. Then, a week or so later it changed to "Application Materials Received". It hasn't changed since then and I'm assuming my application is complete. I'm guessing it's just waiting to be reviewed by admissions committee now.

Archived