2016-2017 application cycle!

Guest Marina Zanzarini

I'm a bit confused about the time line for admissions. I know the deadline isn't until Nov and they aren't rolling admissions but their FAQ says

Question 12: How and when will I know if I've been invited for an interview?

Interviews are held monthly September through February. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by email beginning August and through early February

I am a first year, and they just moved things around on our schedule to make way for interviews in September. Until last year, interview invitations would not come until late December at the earliest, but they are changing things around this year. Most of our class interviewed late Jan through early March, and we got the acceptance during the second week of March.

If you have everything lined up already, send the application as soon as you can, but don't fret too much if you don't. They are still interviewing all the way up to March next year.

Good luck guys!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what date did you pick as first date? I did 9-28 and 2nd 10-27 (my birthday!)

I received the 9/28 morning interview as well, so excited! I was under the impression that Western didn't utilize rolling admissions and that they'd be the last school I'd hear from, I guess they've changed that format.

I'm trying to finish my application to western U but having trouble with then wanting a syllabi for classes. I donto know of they want a syllabi from the program I was in or all the classes I was in.

Also in the prerequisite form the part to the right were they ask about if it is prerequisite Y or N. And if N they want a syllabus. Can anyone explain and try to help me understand

Thank you

I'm trying to finish my application to western U but having trouble with then wanting a syllabi for classes. I donto know of they want a syllabi from the program I was in or all the classes I was in.

Also in the prerequisite form the part to the right were they ask about if it is prerequisite Y or N. And if N they want a syllabus. Can anyone explain and try to help me understand

Thank you

I wonder why they sent some interviews so early? My friend, who is starting this cycle, had his in March.. Any thoughts?

A friend emailed asking about it, and she sent me the response which said "  I am pleased to inform you that we do not participate in rolling admission.  The admissions committee has decided to interview early this year so that our professors can spend more time with students.  We are still planning on sending out the majority of our acceptances in March or early April.  If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to email me." 

Archived