2016-2017 application cycle!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So awesome! Congrats to you guys getting interviewed. Is anybody willing to share their Gpa? I saw something on last thread that they didn't review applications under a 3.34 and mine is 3.30 so I'm getting nervous

I would have to double check and am not on my home computer... but I believe my undergraduate GPA was 3.27. and my post-undergraduate GPA was 4.0. 

I know many people in previous years with lower GPAs, that are currently in PA school! Don't be discouraged. GPA isn't everything, and while some schools may focus more on that, not every program does. I think if you are above a 3.0, you stand a fighting chance. There are so many other factors that come into play! It's also a numbers game...

Good luck!

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has an info. regarding interview invites. I have yet to receive an "application ready to review" email after being confirmed and verified a few months back. I'm remaining positive that I hear back from the school by the end of this month or early next month. Otherwise, I might be out of the loop.

Good luck to those that have an upcoming interview! Let us know how it goes.

@Laker1: Congrats on the interview invite! If you don't mind me asking, did you receive an "application ready to review" e-mail prior to the interview invite? If so, when?

Thank you and good luck on your interview!

I received my review email on 1-9 and received the invite on 1-27. I'm not sure the 2 week turnaround is common because I am the only one of my friends who applied to Western this cycle and my friends who are alumni graduated a few years ago and they don't remember very much. Good luck.

I submitted mine around November and only got the application complete, but no email about ready to review.

Same here!

I submitted my app August /September. In my status it has the dates my app and sup app were received, but I have not received any emails. Anyone else on the same boat? Does Western send out rejections early? Staying hopeful.

Considering their timeline and how soon they send invites after the ready to review email, I will be giving myself 2 more weeks until I lose hope to even be considered for an interview.

Crossing my fingers I get the ready to review email in the next 2 weeks. Otherwise, sayonara Western and hello rejection letter.

G'luck to us all on the limbo.

@Laker1 When did you submit your application ?

I submitted my application on October 3, my supplemental on November 1 and didn't hear anything until January 9 when I received an email regarding my application moving on to the review phase. I'm not sure if this helps any but stay positive and just know that there are still interview dates available so hopefully you will hear back with good news soon.

I submitted my app August /September. In my status it has the dates my app and sup app were received, but I have not received any emails. Anyone else on the same boat? Does Western send out rejections early? Staying hopeful.

I submitted mine around the same time as well. It shows as reviewed but I still haven't received an invite or rejection letter.

Still a little hopeful.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Considering their timeline and how soon they send invites after the ready to review email, I will be giving myself 2 more weeks until I lose hope to even be considered for an interview.

Crossing my fingers I get the ready to review email in the next 2 weeks. Otherwise, sayonara Western and hello rejection letter.

G'luck to us all on the limbo.

Hey, Doppio, I saw you inquired about WesternU's timeline. I received my "ready to review" email on 1/12 and interview invite on 1/13. I don't know if there's a specific timeline, it seems like it varies so good luck to you. I hope you hear back soon!! Fingers crossed. 

And for what it's worth: I submitted my CASPA and supplemental (if I remember correctly) on 10/9, had some hiccups with transcripts and was verified on 11/1. 

Archived