2016-2017 application cycle!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm filling out the Prerequisite form right now. Is there anyone having problem of fitting the info into each little box? Thank you

I did so I just printed it out, wrote on it, then scanned it back to my computer to email it to them. If you do that, make sure the scan is pdf. My scanner only does jpg so I had to convert it to pdf via google docs first.

I'm filling out the Prerequisite form right now. Is there anyone having problem of fitting the info into each little box? Thank you

I had the same issue so I just typed in the most important info. For example for General Chemistry (CHEM 2061) I put in CHE2061 and in course title Gen Chemistry 2 CHEM 2061. Plus they have CASPA. Didn’t seem to effect my application as I was offered an interview. 

I did so I just printed it out, wrote on it, then scanned it back to my computer to email it to them. If you do that, make sure the scan is pdf. My scanner only does jpg so I had to convert it to pdf via google docs first.

Thank you there!!!! I'm wondering if typing straight into that their pdf is fine this year because it worked last year. Now they said to print it out after completing and re-scan it into the desktop. What is the point if it's still PDF file? 

I had the same issue so I just typed in the most important info. For example for General Chemistry (CHEM 2061) I put in CHE2061 and in course title Gen Chemistry 2 CHEM 2061. Plus they have CASPA. Didn’t seem to effect my application as I was offered an interview. 

Congratulations!!! I didn't know they offer interview invitation early this year. Last year the invitations didn't come out until after the deadline. Did you interview yet?

First year student here!

Good luck to anyone interviewing on 9/28. You made it past the initial screening process, now just do your best to show the faculty that you are prepared to be a PA student and that you have the experience to be able to succeed. If you guys want to prepare questions for current students I think there will be a q/a session at some point. Good Luck everyone, and enjoy this process! (it already feels like a lifetime ago)

Please if anyone has had an interview at western university, I would love some feedback can you please message me? 

Anthony, I highly recommend using "How to Ace the Physician Assistant Interview" by Andrew Rodican for this interview. If you are able to answer all the questions and have specific stories to back yourself up you should do great. My advice would be to go through the questions and think of other ways that your interviewer could phrase the question, or have stories that work for more than one question.

If you get a WesternU interview, that means that you look great on paper and they really want you to be a part of our family :) Show them (us!) why you'll be a good fit.

Guest Marina Zanzarini

Good luck everybody! Take a deep breath, be yourself, keep your eyes on the prize and we will see you next August!

Sending y'all a bunch of good energy! You will be great!

Those who interviewed today did you receive the survey yet?

I'd definitely like to leave feedback, was unfortunately very disappointed in the interview process. It seems rather cold and impersonal, with one interviewer being unacceptably harsh. Did not feel like the program had the slightest clue of the type of person I was, definitely did not feel like that at other programs.

I'd definitely like to leave feedback, was unfortunately very disappointed in the interview process. It seems rather cold and impersonal, with one interviewer being unacceptably harsh. Did not feel like the program had the slightest clue of the type of person I was, definitely did not feel like that at other programs.

I actually heard that quite a bit yesterday.

Do you mind sharing more about the details? The interviewer was harsh? Did he/she make any comment about your answer or something? Or else don't they just read off the question and take notes from your response?

Archived