2016-2017 application cycle!

happy to see doppio_espresso and dell_rysk. when would u be going in for your interview @dell_rysk. I have interview this february with western University of pomona too.

Hi Chioma! I'm interviewing on the 15th. 

@Doppio: Thanks! It was a rather quick turnaround. I'm not sure why some had longer responses than others but still VERY grateful for the invitation. Thank you for your kind wishes! :)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called the school today to ask about this 'ready to review' email and they said it definitely means you're application is finally being reviewed, and if you haven't gotten it yet, they haven't looked at your app.  They also said they sort the applications based on GPA, not when you submitted, so even if you submit early, they will look at you last if you have a low GPA. I didn't think to ask which GPA they use, but I have a feeling it's the overall GPA since that's the only GPA of mine that's low, and I haven't gotten a ready to review email.  The person I spoke with made it sound like they do eventually look at everyone's application, although people who've gone through this process before keep telling me otherwise.

The other thing this person mentioned was that they will continue contacting people for interviews throughout the month of Feb, and will be scheduling them all the way up until early March (the person I spoke with said they thought May 8 or 9th was the last interview date).  SO, the overall good news is, if you haven't been contacted yet, there is still hope!

@Member12345: I appreciate you sharing this information with us. It for sure saved me a phone call. I don't remember exactly where I found/heard this information, but I think they consider the lowest GPA out of the 3 (BCP, Overall, Pre-req) for interview invite. I'm not 100% on this, so don't quote me on it. However, like you said, we should still keep our hopes alive! Personally, I will keep one more week of hope to hear back. I have read through previous years thread and I did not find anyone who were invited after mid to late February. I can be completely wrong, but I would like to have closure so I can start preparing for next cycle. This is just my two cents. I apologize if I'm being a debby downer. LOL. :)  

@Member12345: I appreciate you sharing this information with us. It for sure saved me a phone call. I don't remember exactly where I found/heard this information, but I think they consider the lowest GPA out of the 3 (BCP, Overall, Pre-req) for interview invite. I'm not 100% on this, so don't quote me on it. However, like you said, we should still keep our hopes alive! Personally, I will keep one more week of hope to hear back. I have read through previous years thread and I did not find anyone who were invited after mid to late February. I can be completely wrong, but I would like to have closure so I can start preparing for next cycle. This is just my two cents. I apologize if I'm being a debby downer. LOL. :)  

So i was doing a little digging, looking for mmi questions online and found this

https://jprod.westernu.edu/policy/pp_policies_view.jsp?PID=942  

You were right, it does state that they look at your lowest calculated GPA and then put your application into tiers based on that GPA.  

If we have not received a call from our interview does that mean we are most likely not accepted? Or will they still be giving out acceptances from past interview dates through March?

Hey matopa22,

They told us at the interview this past week that they have about 15% of the 98 seats filled. The remainder and majority of acceptances will be sent out mid to late March. 

Never got the application under review email, just a rejection email. Oh well. 2018 application cycle here I come! And to everyone that got in, congrats! You must be incredible applicants :)

Hello, you got a reject letter already? When did you get it?

Good luck and the best for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! 

I have an interview next week on March 10 and I'm super nervous! For those who have interviewed, any last tips on how to do well?? I read the "How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview" by Andrew J. Rodican but since this is an MMI style interview, I don't know if I'm fully prepared since they can ask anything. Any advice on how you've prepared for the interview? Greatly appreciate it!

Archived