2016-2017 application cycle!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Marina Zanzarini

A friend emailed asking about it, and she sent me the response which said "  I am pleased to inform you that we do not participate in rolling admission.  The admissions committee has decided to interview early this year so that our professors can spend more time with students.  We are still planning on sending out the majority of our acceptances in March or early April.  If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to email me." 

Yes! They told us that is was very hard to interview almost 400 candidates in 3 months while carrying on with classes for the 1st years and didactic week for the 2nd years. The college is just spreading out the interviews, but acceptances will be around the same time as last year.

Good luck to y'all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.  I'm a first year PA student at Western.  First off, I just wanted to let you guys know you're making the right choice by applying here.  This is truly an exceptional program and the support you will receive from your teachers and peers here is as good as it gets.  I remember being in your guys shoes last year, the hope, the fear, the anticipation.  Enjoy the process, because whatever's meant to happen will happen whether your stressed or calm.  I wish you guys the best of luck!

Hey guys.  I'm a first year PA student at Western.  First off, I just wanted to let you guys know you're making the right choice by applying here.  This is truly an exceptional program and the support you will receive from your teachers and peers here is as good as it gets.  I remember being in your guys shoes last year, the hope, the fear, the anticipation.  Enjoy the process, because whatever's meant to happen will happen whether your stressed or calm.  I wish you guys the best of luck!

Thank you for the kind words. I really looking forward to going to Western (If selected). 

I went to the preview day, and it sounded just as you described it. What about the administration side? Are they good, or need improvement? Any tips on interviewing there? 

Guest Marina Zanzarini

I went to the preview day, and it sounded just as you described it. What about the administration side? Are they good, or need improvement? Any tips on interviewing there? 

As with all programs, there is always room for improvement. The best part about WesternU administration is that they actually hear us. We have monthly meetings with our department chair, and we brought some concerns for him during the last meeting, and pretty shortly after, he emailed us back with feedback and updates.

For the interview, get the book "how to ace your physician assistant interview." Really learn the steps, and the process of answering the MMI format, and you will be prepared!

Hang in there guys! We are all looking forward to seeing you there next August!

By administration, if you mean "teachers", than I would say they are good. One thing to remember, this is graduate school and in graduate school the teachers are there to act more as facilitators of learning than anything else. It's a lot different than undergrad where students are spoonfed. The teachers are helpful, the lectures are clear, and they're always available to answer questions whether in person or email.  This program has been around a for a while so the staff really understands what the students need to succeed, and there's a whole system in place in that regard.  My impression is that, among other things, Western likes people who are mature, friendly, and able to communicate well.  If you have those traits then I think you've got a good chance, if not, I would get an interview coach and work on coming across that way ;-)

I just got an interview invite! I'm so excited! I got to choose between nov 30 and dec 14 and will get a date confirmation next week. And just for reference I submitted my verified app and supplemental on 8/27.

Congratulations! I just received an interview today as well. I was asked to choose between those same two dates. Nov. 30 and Dec. 14 and will be waiting for my confirmation. I was verified by 08/16/2016

Archived