2016-2017 application cycle!

On 8/9/2017 at 9:45 AM, queenbee88 said:

I'm thinking about applying to Western U for the 2017-2018 and I need some advice here. I wonder if any of the accepted students lack the community service hours. I have 3.97 GPA, 2000 hours patient care experience, 4000 hours working in health administration for the under-served. Western said they won't count my 720 hours leading a student club. I understand the importance of community service but being an immigrant and low-income mom, I have to work so many hours to support my family. I was accepted into Midwestern Arizona recently but still hope to get into Western so that I can be near my daughter. Can anyone share any insights?

Hey! I'm a recent 2017 alumni of WesternU. I'd say that your GPA and patient care hours are definitely solid for WesternU. I wouldn't sweat it too much over your community service hours. Though community service hours are important for any application, I think that your situation is unique, and your other stats are solid for the program. However, I wanted to get some clarification on your current situation right now. Were you hoping to get into WesternU for a seat that starts at the same time as Midwestern, or were you planning on potentially giving up your seat at Midwestern for a seat at WesternU for the following year?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived