Interviews for Class of 2014

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I swear that letter must be the exact letter sent to everyone who didn't get an interview last month. "We get lots of applicants, can't provide individual feedback, be sure to attend workshops throughout the year."

Is that all it says on the letter you received today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is horrible, this makes me believe NONE of us that are active in this forum got in :(

Don't give up yet. If 50 people were called this week and accepted I would imagine one of them would mention it here. At least that is what I'm clinging to at this point since I have not heard anything........yet.

Don't give up yet. If 50 people were called this week and accepted I would imagine one of them would mention it here. At least that is what I'm clinging to at this point since I have not heard anything........yet.

Yea. I figured that too, there is at least 10 of us that actively post on here, and from the odds of things, at least 1 of those 10 should get some good news.

I checked my mail today, nothing yet. No email or call either. So I guess we'll see tomorrow.

I was in the first group to interview almost 3 weeeks ago, possibly the 3rd or 4th person. I havent heard back..I just know the letter is in the mail. Does anyone have input on the "random selection"?

To those of you who received letters already, what day did you interview? I interviewed 2/22....still no call, no email, and no mail...anticipation is killing me!

I wish the information we were all given were more consistent. It would definitely help calm our nerves and finish any confusion.

We keep hearing, it is "random" like it states on the website, but then we also hear it's not random.

Then we were told that we'd get a call and/or letter, and now we're also getting information that we would get e-mailed?

It's all too inconsistent. But in a couple of days/weeks all of this will be settled.

As for the random bit.... I asked about that on my interview date. They said that it was a requirement of the California Community College systems that Foothills is part of and until recently they were required to do it that way. They just recently got permission from whomever they needed to select their students on a purely competitive basis...so there is no longer the random selection, but it is a recent change.

To those who didn't get in, like Joelseff I applied more than once and we're both PA-Cs now so keep your head up. Mourn for a brief time then get back on the horse.

As far as random, I didn't hear it went away (if so great, honestly) but my understanding was they'd throw all the qualified applicants who pass the interview in a hat and draw 50. So if 80 make it past, that would be the odds. I hated the idea of that system, I hope it did go away.

Also, after my interview I felt horrible and was sure I didn't get in. The two who interviewed me dripped condescension IMO. When I least expected it I got a call from Fred while I was at work, I almost didn't even answer it. All that to say, you don't know till you know. Good luck all.

To those who didn't get in, like Joelseff I applied more than once and we're both PA-Cs now so keep your head up. Mourn for a brief time then get back on the horse.

As far as random, I didn't hear it went away (if so great, honestly) but my understanding was they'd throw all the qualified applicants who pass the interview in a hat and draw 50. So if 80 make it past, that would be the odds. I hated the idea of that system, I hope it did go away.

Thats excellent they got rid of the random bit. We were the last hand picked class...i hope they get rid of the open book, group study exams which they put in after our class....they hated our class we were kinda whiney lol....

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

If selection is no longer random, I wish they'd spend more time with the candidates. 15 minutes of reviewing my application packet is not enough to get to know me. I liked the fact that Stanford seemed to choose candidates based on who they are and what they have to offer, not just their academic record but I don't feel that's quite so true anymore.

Archived