Interviews for Class of 2014

Had my interview and I thought it went ok... They asked me how many kids I have and what ages..when I told the a 6 year old and 6 month old though, they questioned how I planned to attend the program with two kids... I explained I have a great hubby and grandparents that live with us for full time live in day care... Then one of the interviewers explained how difficult the program is especially with young children at home... So my advice to women is... Do not talk about your children! It felt very negative at that particular point... Do they ask MEN this same question?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck, at least you have a good support system :)

Had my interview and I thought it went ok... They asked me how many kids I have and what ages..when I told the a 6 year old and 6 month old though, they questioned how I planned to attend the program with two kids... I explained I have a great hubby and grandparents that live with us for full time live in day care... Then one of the interviewers explained how difficult the program is especially with young children at home... So my advice to women is... Do not talk about your children! It felt very negative at that particular point... Do they ask MEN this same question?

crallen, since their average student age is higher than the national average (about 34) I'm sure this is a real issue they see all the time. Hopefully you convinced them you had things handled which it sounds like you did with your family being there. They probably don't want to deal with parents not being able to make it to class/clinicals because they have a sick child and no one to watch him or her etc. Good luck! Mine is tomorrow :)

Enjoyed my interview a great deal! The staff/faculty were really friendly and welcoming and just got good "vibes". Now the next week is going to be nerve wracking! Fred said they would move really quickly and might be calling people this Friday and letters within 2 weeks. Fingers double crossed and thumbs pressed!

Wow I am jealous! My interview wasn't so warm and welcoming... Good luck sounds pretty good for you guys. What is meant to be will be...

I didn't feel like I did too hot in my interview as well. No worries, whatever will be will be... I hope for the both of us we get good news in the next few days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that sounds correct.

Since Fred said they will be calling as early as this Friday and sending out letters in 2 weeks, does that mean that if you are accepted you get a phone call and if you are declined, you get a letter in the mail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't feel like I did too hot in my interview as well. No worries, whatever will be will be... I hope for the both of us we get good news in the next few days...

Yes, me too :( I though I did just ok, albeit, my interviewers were friendly and gracious.

We will soon see.

Anyone get any calls today?

I've been reading up the threads from last year or so and I noticed that it takes them several days to call. There was one applicant who got the call of good news 17 days after his interview date, and another got his/her call 14 days after their interview...

My interview was on Friday the 24th at 9a, so I guess I got some nervous waiting to do for the next couple of days...

Archived