Interviews for Class of 2014

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I'm an alum and Fred and the staff know I am very active on this forum so he told me to post on here that there was a virus in their computer system and all your data were wiped out. He sincerely apologizes and must ask all of you to re-interview with a new panel. Again he is very sorry but will give each of you a coupon for extra guac at chipotle....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! just messin wid you all!!!! Man I feel bad for you guys the waiting is agony. I was thinking "man these guys need to calm down" then i searched on here the posts me and my classmates made when we were accepted and it all came back to me. Hang in there guys it's worth the wait. PCAP was the best expereience for me and I know you will come to love and to some extent, hate it like all PCAPers. At least you guys get open book tests and get to take it over the weekend. We were the last old school class that had the exams on Monday and had to focus on new lectures that day while they post grades and then have our "Ugly Cry" during breaks. I hope all you guys who put in the time and effort to pursue PA wholeheartedly get in. Good luck all!

Joe

Joe -- I was trying to read really fast because it was a long post and mentioning you knew Fred....sooooo not nice! Would be in tears laughing if I weren't so anxious.

I keep checking the Stanford website and my boss saw me staring at it and asked if they were posting names. I said no and she asked why I was starting at it then....BECAUSE!! I don't know what else to do!

I keep checking my phone! No one is allowed to call unless it's an absolute emergency because my nerves can only take so much!

I'm really hoping to meet everyone....already feel a camaraderie here! We're gonna get good news!!!

I'm going to spend all day tomorrow working a block away from the PA office. Hope we hear something or they just might find me on the doorstep!

Tiffany- I know what you mean. I hope this is my year because I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone in person. Maybe over a burrito....

Nothing yet, but in reality we have another 2 weeks. I was informed after the interview that the person who was sending the notifications was going to be out of town last week, so they probably are just starting the process. He said they would mail them, but I was told they would call... Good luck at any rate! The wait is torture I know.

Nothing yet, but in reality we have another 2 weeks. I was informed after the interview that the person who was sending the notifications was going to be out of town last week, so they probably are just starting the process. He said they would mail them, but I was told they would call... Good luck at any rate! The wait is torture I know.

Fred told me he was going out of town the day after my interview, which was the last day of interviews, but from what I remember it was only going to be for a few days and that he would return within that week.

He did inform me that letters would be sent out and it should arrive in a couple of weeks, and then I asked if they called people, and he said if you get a call, that would be even better.

He also said that things would be moving quickly... So who knows.

Like I said previously, according to some forum posts last year, it took one person 14 days after their interview before they got called and another person 17 days... So I'm thinking we wouldn't hear until either this Friday (which in my case would be 14 days after my interview) or next Friday. Nevertheless, I'd still keep my phone with me at all times just in case.

P.S. I do hope we all get good news, everyone on here seems very nice and if we got some sort of sponsorship from Chipotle, that would be awesome too! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred also told me they would interview through Friday the 24th, then he would be put of town until Wed the 29th. He said they would meet on Thurs and then he "hoped to get letters mailed out on Friday or the beginning of the following week". Several other people were told that if accepted we would be notified by phone. I don't think we are being premature in expecting to hear something. I do wish the info was consistent and that there was a definite date that letters would go out. It's not knowing either way that is driving me nuts.

I do wish the info was consistent and that there was a definite date that letters would go out. It's not knowing either way that is driving me nuts.

I agree, a definite date and way of communication (phone call or mail) would be really appreciated! It would definitely keep all our nerves calm.

For now, since we haven't gotten any updates or new information, let's just assume it'll be this Friday, and I'd it's not this Friday, let's assume next. We'll just go week by week, instead of day to day, otherwise we'll all go nuts.

But, make sure you keep your phone with you AT ALL TIMES, no one wants to get that call and miss it. :)

LOL

I heard it was good to review A&P and maybe brush up on some EKG stuff too. Anyone else planning on doing that?

You know! Now that you mention it, I went to Half-Price books a couple of weeks ago and found two PANCE study books, "Physician Assistant Guide to Clinical Practice", "Fundamental Clinical Situations-OSCE Study Guide", and a Netter's Anatomy Flash cards.

I'm half way though Netter's deck and finished the OSCE guide. Looks like I'll have time to study more, lol

You know! Now that you mention it, I went to Half-Price books a couple of weeks ago and found two PANCE study books, "Physician Assistant Guide to Clinical Practice", "Fundamental Clinical Situations-OSCE Study Guide", and a Netter's Anatomy Flash cards.

I'm half way though Netter's deck and finished the OSCE guide. Looks like I'll have time to study more, lol

What did you think of the OSCE guide? I have the Kaplan Anatomy Flashcards, I should go through those as well.

I'm going to start studying for the PANCE.

j/k

Hilarious!!!!!!

I was sooooo sure someone would hear something last friday. Then I was positive it would be Monday. Now I don't know what to think. Fred told me it would probably be the first week of March.

Speaking of books, I bought Clinical Pathophysiology Made Ridiculously Simple and have found it to be a nice review.

Good luck everyone!

The one you should read the most before the program starts is definitely Tortora. Yeah, Clinical Pathophsyio Made Ridiculously simple is a great read as well. When you start, you should ask the class above you which books you should really invest in. Good luck to all you.

CW

MMS, PA-C, RD

PCAP class of 2011

The one you should read the most before the program starts is definitely Tortora. Yeah, Clinical Pathophsyio Made Ridiculously simple is a great read as well. When you start, you should ask the class above you which books you should really invest in. Good luck to all you.

CW

MMS, PA-C, RD

PCAP class of 2011

Cdubb congrats! Havent seen u in a while. Too bad about our niners but this year baby! Hey can u pm me your number. Got a PR....

Joe

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Archived