Interviews for Class of 2014

If selection is no longer random, I wish they'd spend more time with the candidates. 15 minutes of reviewing my application packet is not enough to get to know me. I liked the fact that Stanford seemed to choose candidates based on who they are and what they have to offer, not just their academic record but I don't feel that's quite so true anymore.

When you say you wish they'd spend more time with the candidates are you referring to your interview duration? How long was yours? Mine was close to 45 minutes.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those who got in, and to those of us who didn't: remember this is not the end, only the next chapter. We made it this far because of who we are and what we do. Not getting in to the program does not devalue the contributions that we make. Being a PA will make it easier and give us more options for how we can help our patients but it does not determine our ability to do so. Looking forward to seeing you all on the forum as we apply for next year!

For those who have received their letters can you please share:

1. Date and time of interview

2. Date on the letter, when it was written

3. Date the letter was postmarked

That would probably help people understand how long these letters took to get to the recipients and how long it was from interview to letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to those who got in, and to those of us who didn't: remember this is not the end, only the next chapter. We made it this far because of who we are and what we do. Not getting in to the program does not devalue the contributions that we make. Being a PA will make it easier and give us more options for how we can help our patients but it does not determine our ability to do so. Looking forward to seeing you all on the forum as we apply for next year!

I agree, it is easier to do more for our patients as PAs, but we can still give some help to our patients now with our current occupation(s). I witnessed and experienced that last year when I continued to work after get rejected from PA school last year.

At the time I was really upset I didn't make it through last year, but the experiences and opportunities I obtained last year because I didn't make it through was invaluable, and it definitely helped me for this year's PA application period.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

I interviewed on 2/22. Letter was dated 3/2 and postmarked 3/6. It arrived 3/7 because I only live a few miles from Stanford.

I interviewed 2/15. The rest, as described by tlabounty, is exactly the same for me. My letter arrived the following day it was postmarked.

Oh NO!!! I am so sorry :( I guess we just reapply again next year. I still have no idea...havent heard anything and I live in Northern California.

I live in Texas so I'm thinking that those of you who have not gotten a letter and live closer....that should mean good news, right? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

CDhart-

Thank you for your post :)

To those who didn't get in, like Joelseff I applied more than once and we're both PA-Cs now so keep your head up. Mourn for a brief time then get back on the horse.

As far as random, I didn't hear it went away (if so great, honestly) but my understanding was they'd throw all the qualified applicants who pass the interview in a hat and draw 50. So if 80 make it past, that would be the odds. I hated the idea of that system, I hope it did go away.

Also, after my interview I felt horrible and was sure I didn't get in. The two who interviewed me dripped condescension IMO. When I least expected it I got a call from Fred while I was at work, I almost didn't even answer it. All that to say, you don't know till you know. Good luck all.

I dont think Fred is leaving town until later this month...I misunderstood :)

Well in that case! I hope they make calls tomorrow! I don't understand why they couldn't call before since the letters that were sent out were written/dated on Friday, March 2.

Archived