2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone explain to me how much video conferencing lectures or lectures at the glenside campus there are if attending the Delaware campus. I have an interview there on November 2nd and wanted to get some insight before I went. Also, overall how is program at Delaware campus? And surrounding area. Thank you!

Can anyone explain to me how much video conferencing lectures or lectures at the glenside campus there are if attending the Delaware campus. I have an interview there on November 2nd and wanted to get some insight before I went. Also, overall how is program at Delaware campus? And surrounding area. Thank you!

We have some classes totally online in the fall, but other than that, there's not many video conferencing or pre-recorded lecture. Summer had some, but that was because Glenside and DE shared the lecturer and she lectured at one campus one week and then the other the next week. You will never have to go up to Glenside for a lecture. The program at DE is the same as Glenside, just a slightly different schedule. 

How many classes are online? Why are they not offered on campus?

Only one this semester. The reason is to allow us to get out of class early on Tuesdays instead of being there from 8 to 7pm. Summer semester I had every other micro lecture online, which really only totaled to 4 lectures. Keep in mind that the program schedules time for you to listen to your lectures. It's actually really helpful because I can learn in my own environment. 

Nope, not bad at all! Like I said, it's really nice because I can listen to lectures in my apartment at my own time and pace. I actually really like it. And yes, Glenside will be in the same situation as DE, unless next year changes. You will have a few micro lectures online and fall pharm online.

Vandenbe, the dual program is an option when you send your CASPA. You have Delaware Campus, Pennsylvania campus, and Penn. campus for dual PA/MPH. You won't apply to them separately and they will interview you for both programs when you are invited. Last year at the graduate information session I attended they stated that there are usually around 10 dual students, but it varies.

Vandenbe, the dual program is an option when you send your CASPA. You have Delaware Campus, Pennsylvania campus, and Penn. campus for dual PA/MPH. You won't apply to them separately and they will interview you for both programs when you are invited. Last year at the graduate information session I attended they stated that there are usually around 10 dual students, but it varies.

Thank you, much appreciated!

I appreciate you elaborating, lfaust! Are any of the teachers still in practice. How is the surrounding area? My boyfriend would be moving with me so I need to make sure he would be able to find a job (IT job).

No problem! And yes, the professors are practicing PAs. Almost every time they lecture they tell us about a case they recently saw and tie it into lecture as a case study. It keeps things interesting! And the surrounding area is pretty good. The great thing is that we're close to Wilmington, Newark and Philly (all connected by SEPTA, too!), there may be a good amount of opportunity here. 

I was accepted to the DE class...does anyone know if we have to purchase the same computers or can we bring our own? Mine is on its last legs now so I'd like to know before I get anything.

Also, could anyone tell me the start date for the program...can't remember if it was the beginning or middle of May. Thanks guys!!

I was very surprised by my interview with Arcadia. I thoroughly enjoyed the program and the staff so I thought the interview would go well, as it has for every other program I have liked. It was the shortest interview I could have imagined. I was asked 4 questions in total, none of which were related and none of which seemed to really explore me as a person. I feel like I had zero opportunity to sell myself. I would be shocked if this program accepted me because I do not see how they can know a single thing about my personality or my desire to be a part of Arcadia. It's disappointing because I thoroughly enjoyed the program and the lecture, but I do not think they were as invested in finding out if I'm a fit. I'm afraid their decision about me was already made before I walked into the room! :( I don't mean to scare anyone because I know that not everyone at my interview felt this way. Please do not be intimidated. Everyone's experience is going to be different; mine may have been the exception. With that being said, I greatly enjoyed my day there and would love to be a part of Arcadia if given the opportunity! Good luck everyone.

I was very surprised by my interview with Arcadia. I thoroughly enjoyed the program and the staff so I thought the interview would go well, as it has for every other program I have liked. It was the shortest interview I could have imagined. I was asked 4 questions in total, none of which were related and none of which seemed to really explore me as a person. I feel like I had zero opportunity to sell myself. I would be shocked if this program accepted me because I do not see how they can know a single thing about my personality or my desire to be a part of Arcadia. It's disappointing because I thoroughly enjoyed the program and the lecture, but I do not think they were as invested in finding out if I'm a fit. I'm afraid their decision about me was already made before I walked into the room! :( I don't mean to scare anyone because I know that not everyone at my interview felt this way. Please do not be intimidated. Everyone's experience is going to be different; mine may have been the exception. With that being said, I greatly enjoyed my day there and would love to be a part of Arcadia if given the opportunity! Good luck everyone.

The part where you said you felt like the decision had already been made when you walked into the room - I had that sneaky feeling too. And of course, then my head went to correlating decisions with the fact that some people had two interviews.

The part where you said you felt like the decision had already been made when you walked into the room - I had that sneaky feeling too. And of course, then my head went to correlating decisions with the fact that some people had two interviews.

I don't think anyone in my group got called back for a second interview. I could be mistaken, though, because we had such a large group.

I don't think the second interviews mean much. When I interviewed I only received one interview session and was still accepted. Another classmate of mine stated that he had two interviews because his first interview was with a newer faculty member and he was told that he may be called for a second one with an older faculty member. 

I felt like my interview was rather quick as well (~10 min) but felt even shorter when I was in there, most likely due to nerves or anxiety.

Archived