2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you on the wait list, I would definitely stay in touch with the school when you have information to update. I was put on the wait list last year, and I would check in periodically (don't contact them all the time). If you're in school, email them with updated grades at the end of the semester or if you are shadowing/working in healthcare, email them with updated hours occasionally. I would say no more than once a month to once every two months. Last year I was told that there is no official ranking system but that when spots open candidates are reevaluated. I didn't make it off the wait list last year, but I definitely believe staying in touch with them helped me get accepted this year and it may help you get off the wait list as well!

Congrats on everyone getting in! Just as a point of reference (I don't even know if this helps), Class of 2017 started May 21st. I think it's usually the week before Memorial Day, then you have off Memorial Day, but don't quote me. I always tell people asking about places to live in DE that you should start looking at apartment in the area as soon as you can, just to get your foot in the door. An official Facebook page should be made early next year (~ early January) so you can start chatting it up with your classmates and getting roommates, if you want them. Don't worry, they will keep you updated! Just enjoy your acceptance and relax!

As always, feel free to shoot me a message with questions!

@lfaust_01 , does someone invite us to the facebook page or do we have to find it? I'm starting to look into housing and just don't want to miss the opportunity to find a potential roommate! (Delaware campus)

@lfaust_01 , does someone invite us to the facebook page or do we have to find it? I'm starting to look into housing and just don't want to miss the opportunity to find a potential roommate! (Delaware campus)

From what I read from the past years we will get an email from the school with the invite

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yep, you'll get an email invite. One thing I do suggest is when you get your Arcadia email, check it often even before you begin the program. Until then, keep checking the email that you gave the program. There'll be some useful updates/info coming to you in the next few months. Same goes for snail mail. You'll get Financial Aid updates. 

• 2 weeks later...

For those accepted, have you heard anything about orientation etc.? I was accepted to the Glenside campus in August but haven't heard anything from them since then.

I haven't heard anything either. I emailed them about the first day about a month ago but heard nothing. Do you think we need to pay the second deposit to get more info? Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

You should have received an email a few weeks ago to confirm the email address they would be sending information to come January. Maybe check spam mail or an old email you may have used? Otherwise, I would call them and make sure they have the correct email. They are supposed to start sending more information and setting up the Facebook page sometime in January.

"I once attended an Arcadia open house and someone asked why Arcadia still required GRE scores where most schools have dropped the requirement and the answer was that good GRE scores have translated into good PANCE scores/ first time pass rates and as you probably already know "Arcadia's had been 100% for the previous 8 years. Again, this is just my opinion but I think the interview was more to make sure that these candidates really are the people they appear to be on paper."

I don't go to Arcadia but our chair has looked closely and found a very small corr. To performance in the GRE verbal only;none for writing or math. We are a PBL program though so could affect this. Our program is concerned mainly that candidates achieve the minimum. Also 100% for 8 yrs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To anyone on the waitlist at Glenside:  keep us updated if you hear anything (e.g. are extended a full offer of admission).  It sounds like they won't start calling people until after the second deadline in April... but I'm still hopeful they'll reach out sooner if there's movement.  Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Archived