2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VANDENBE

I agree, I also felt that the decision was made before the interview. In the same sense I don't exactly see this as a bad thing. Arcadia seems to be a program that relies heavily on a candidate's stats/academics (GPA, GRE scores, experience, extracurriculars). It is probably because it reflects positively on the success of the student once in the program as in (attrition rate, first time PANCE pass rate). I once attended an Arcadia open house and someone asked why Arcadia still required GRE scores where most schools have dropped the requirement and the answer was that good GRE scores have translated into good PANCE scores/ first time pass rates and as you probably already know Arcadia's had been 100% for the previous 8 years. Again, this is just my opinion but I think the interview was more to make sure that these candidates really are the people they appear to be on paper.

If it makes you feel any better my interview was also super short and sweet with only fours questions asked which I felt ok about. My girlfriend from undergrad who interviewed the same time as I did also only had a few questions asked and that totally freaked her out! It made her want to go back for a second interview because she didn't feel like she got the chance to sell herself. No one in my group got a second interview and needless to say we both left a little concerned but in the end we both ended up with positive results :) 

I'm sure you rocked it! Good luck!

VANDENBE

I agree, I also felt that the decision was made before the interview. In the same sense I don't exactly see this as a bad thing. Arcadia seems to be a program that relies heavily on a candidate's stats/academics (GPA, GRE scores, experience, extracurriculars). It is probably because it reflects positively on the success of the student once in the program as in (attrition rate, first time PANCE pass rate). I once attended an Arcadia open house and someone asked why Arcadia still required GRE scores where most schools have dropped the requirement and the answer was that good GRE scores have translated into good PANCE scores/ first time pass rates and as you probably already know Arcadia's had been 100% for the previous 8 years. Again, this is just my opinion but I think the interview was more to make sure that these candidates really are the people they appear to be on paper.

If it makes you feel any better my interview was also super short and sweet with only fours questions asked which I felt ok about. My girlfriend from undergrad who interviewed the same time as I did also only had a few questions asked and that totally freaked her out! It made her want to go back for a second interview because she didn't feel like she got the chance to sell herself. No one in my group got a second interview and needless to say we both left a little concerned but in the end we both ended up with positive results :) 

I'm sure you rocked it! Good luck!

Wow, congratulations! Thank you so much; that was comforting and reassuring. You're right, I may have doubted their methods too much. Arcadia's results are phenomenal so they clearly have a knack for creating a stellar class. If I don't get in, I wasn't a fit for this program and that's okay because there's a program out there for everyone. I won't let nerves get the best of me! It's not over until I get the letter. Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

Interview on 10/4! A little nervous! Any tips?

Hey! I know everyone says this but it is pretty relaxed. I loved doing the interviews in the middle of the day because they had lunch (which was really awesome cause you get to pick whatever you want) after with some very friendly and helpful current students and you can relax because the hard part of the day is over. Interviews were quick and only one member of the staff in there office.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Interview on 10/4! A little nervous! Any tips?

The day flows pretty smoothly and the interviews are in general a positive process. One thing that's not really interview related, but more comfort related, I got pretty cold in the classroom as did some other folks so I would eat a warm breakfast and maybe a thicker shirt with my suit. Hope that helps.

The questions are very basic, but you should always try to tie in who you are and why you want to attend their program when possible. I'm pretty sure my interview lasted 30 minutes. I left thinking, "I should have just shut my mouth," but I wanted to make sure they knew why I was a good fit for Arcadia. Honestly, I thought I was going to get a rejection letter, but I was accepted. Just breath, be yourself, and answer thoroughly. If their is something you really want to say then weave it into the conversation. One of my questions was, "Why do you want to be a PA?" You can easily transition from why you want to be a PA to specifically why you chose them (and they should choose you). Either A, you were able to flesh out a little bit more about yourself or, B, they were going to ask you why you chose them anyway and they will probably ask you something else now. Just something to think about for those of you interviewing in the next few months! 

Hi everyone! I have an interview for the Delaware campus on 11/2 & I just have a quick question. So the letter I got didn't say exactly where to go on the day of the interview, or what the parking situation is like. I'm planning on stopping by a couple of days before just to make sure I know where I'm going, but I just wanted to see if you all had any insights. 

Hi HannahP! The address was only listed on the envelope but it should be online as well (It's on Continental Drive). It's very easy to find- just a couple business offices in the area across from the Hilton. There is plenty of free parking right out front. It's on the second floor and there's a sign when you get off the elevator pointing to the program.

Has anyone from the 10/19 DE interview heard anything? I'm so anxious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much walking/standing is involved in the DE campus interview day? I only ask because I'm looking for the right shoes! Comfortable heels, as you all may know, are very difficult to find. Did anyone wear heels but then change into flats partway through? Then you'd have to carry the heels, right?

Can you tell this will be my first interview? lol

How much walking/standing is involved in the DE campus interview day? I only ask because I'm looking for the right shoes! Comfortable heels, as you all may know, are very difficult to find. Did anyone wear heels but then change into flats partway through? Then you'd have to carry the heels, right?

Can you tell this will be my first interview? lol

I wore heels with no problem. The only walking involved is a 2 min tour and going down the hall for your actual interview. Other than that, you are sitting the whole time. Interview appropriate heels should be kept to 3 inches or less. I suggest buying them ahead of time and wearing them for a day to break them in and scuff the soles so they don't slip. I wouldn't suggest bringing extra shoes. If you're still concerned about it, you can always wear flats.

Don't stress about the interview. I've been to a few others that grilled me all day. Arcadia barely even felt like an interview because most of the time you're just sitting and waiting. That being said, you only have about 15-20 min to sell yourself so definitely find ways to work in why you are a unique candidate.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived