2015-2016 Cycle

I definitely felt this way after my interview. I could not get a good sense of how my interview went as I was leaving. I actually had a moment where the interviewer interrupted me mid-response because they disagreed with me so I left the room thinking that I blew it. In the end I was accepted! You just never know!! It's so easy to let the insecurities run through your mind. The wait for a response, whether accepted or rejected, is definitely the worst part. Just stay optimistic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh yes!! I feel like the words I wanted to say to answer the questions effectively just wouldn't come out for some reason because I was so nervous and it's eating me alive inside because I the questions I received I knew how to answer so well because I know why I want to do PA school and exactly what I wanted to say to each question but for some reason the right words just wouldn't come out. I just hope I answered the questions effectively!! How long after the interview did you receive acceptance?

I definitely felt this way after my interview. I could not get a good sense of how my interview went as I was leaving. I actually had a moment where the interviewer interrupted me mid-response because they disagreed with me so I left the room thinking that I blew it. In the end I was accepted! You just never know!! It's so easy to let the insecurities run through your mind. The wait for a response, whether accepted or rejected, is definitely the worst part. Just stay optimistic!

I think it took up to two weeks for me to receive my packet.

Also just a reminder that a few of us have started a Facebook group for those who have chosen to attend Drexel's program next year!! Can't wait to meet everyone!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1487910378172031/

It was posted in an earlier post.

Hey guys!

I was just invited for an interview on 1/14, but it seems like they sent out a lot of acceptances already. Anyone know how many seats are left? Just trying to decide if I even have a chance...

This is from the Drexel website. My understanding is that some candidates are granted early acceptance, but it seems like they keep some spots open to fill with the rest of the pool of remaining interviewees:

Drexel’s Decision Process

Drexel accepts approximately 75 students per year. Applicants are reviewed following the interview sessions, and some are offered early acceptance. We do not fill the entire class until interviews have concluded. All decisions should be made by the end of April. Accepted applicants will receive a phone call from the Director of Admissions notifying them of their status, followed by an acceptance packet from the Office of Graduate Admissions. Applicants placed on the wait list will receive an email notifying them of their status, along with a request to confirm that they accept their position on the wait list. Nonaccepted applicants will be notified via a letter from the Office of Graduate Admissions of Drexel University.

Congrats to those accepted so far! Drexel was one of my top choices.

Has anyone received a letter about being waitlisted or if should we consider ourselves waitlisted (or on a committee-hold) if we have not heard back for a while since our interview? Have any interviewees out there received notifications of rejection after interviewing? Thanks for the feedback!

Congrats to those accepted so far! Drexel was one of my top choices.

Has anyone received a letter about being waitlisted or if should we consider ourselves waitlisted (or on a committee-hold) if we have not heard back for a while since our interview? Have any interviewees out there received notifications of rejection after interviewing? Thanks for the feedback!

Not having heard back is not the same as being wait listed, I'm afraid. Drexel does most of their decision making in the late spring, after interviews are over. At that time, you will be notified of your status, be it accepted, wait listed, or declined.

The good news is that not having heard yet is not necessarily a bad thing. Only 1 or 2 applicants (sometimes less) per interview are offered early acceptance, so there is still hope!

Archived