2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious, has anyone that received an interview still have outstanding prereqs? If so, how many?

I feel that this is why I have not heard from them yet as I have a good GPA and 20,000+ hours of HCE. I also have good LOR's and thought my PS was good.

Thanks!

Back in May, they asked me to take Zoology w/ lab this fall because my school only offered 1 lab for general bio 1&2 (7 credits). My other labs didn't count for what they wanted. I interviewed on Aug 18th and am currently in Zoology.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

"Students must not receive a grade lower than a "B-" in any single prerequisite course"

Does this mean if a student received a C in Bio 101, their application will be not reviewed? Even if they have received better grades in advance bio courses? 

Thanks

Where did you find this? Everything I've seen so far on their website does not list an actual minimum grade, but I did find a pdf that has the admission requirements that states a C or better, but then on the actual CASPA app it states a B or better. Just wondering if you ever got actual confirmation directly from admissions. I was afraid to ask because it is the type of information typically found on line but what I have found seems conflicting.

Where did you find this? Everything I've seen so far on their website does not list an actual minimum grade, but I did find a pdf that has the admission requirements that states a C or better, but then on the actual CASPA app it states a B or better. Just wondering if you ever got actual confirmation directly from admissions. I was afraid to ask because it is the type of information typically found on line but what I have found seems conflicting.

It's right under the prereq section in admissions. Advance courses in biology and chemistry as in cell bio and organic chemistry may be able to replace a grade of say "C" in general bio 1, as stated by someone from the program. All the best. 

http://drexel.edu/cnhp/academics/graduate/MHS-Physician-Assistant/

"Prerequisites:

Meet the technical standards for admission, progression, and graduation from the Physician Assistant Program. Each applicant is expected to review completely the "Technical Standards for PA Program" PDF at the top of this tab. Individuals unable to meet these technical standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, are counseled to pursue alternate careers.

Students must not receive a grade lower than a "B-" in any single prerequisite course"

It's been more than 2 months since Drexel received my application,I havent heard anything at all. My Caspa GPA is a 4.0, the only pre-req outstanding is Genetics. More than 2000 hours of clinical experience. Considering how long it's been now should I give up the hope that I'll hear anything at all?

It's been more than 2 months since Drexel received my application,I havent heard anything at all. My Caspa GPA is a 4.0, the only pre-req outstanding is Genetics. More than 2000 hours of clinical experience. Considering how long it's been now should I give up the hope that I'll hear anything at all?

Not at all! I submitted my CASPA in June of last year, and didn't hear back until late October for an interview invite! They have almost 2400 applications this year, so patience is key. :)

Just a quick question...I interviewed on Aug 14, and I still have not heard anything. Is that a bad sign? 

not necessarily. during my interview i talked to a current student who was accepted within 2 weeks (early acceptance) whereas her husband/fiance, who also interviewed the same day as her, was accepted 4 months after the interview day.

so there's always hope...dont lose hope!! :)

It's right under the prereq section in admissions. Advance courses in biology and chemistry as in cell bio and organic chemistry may be able to replace a grade of say "C" in general bio 1, as stated by someone from the program. All the best. 

http://drexel.edu/cnhp/academics/graduate/MHS-Physician-Assistant/

"Prerequisites:

Meet the technical standards for admission, progression, and graduation from the Physician Assistant Program. Each applicant is expected to review completely the "Technical Standards for PA Program" PDF at the top of this tab. Individuals unable to meet these technical standards, with or without reasonable accommodation, are counseled to pursue alternate careers.

Students must not receive a grade lower than a "B-" in any single prerequisite course"

Thank you! I seemed to have issues loading their pages properly on my tablet style laptop, I was able to see it all on a regular computer. best of luck to everyone

I have the same stats as you and I havent heard back yet, but my application was submitted August 10th. 

Archived