2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my understanding it takes about one-three weeks for the early acceptance (based on what I have heard). However, looking back at previous years it appears they are still accepting people until March or April. I have talked to and read about many people who get the invite to start from several places and they decide on a different school. So, even near the deadline they are still taking people from the wait-list and extending new acceptances. Does that help? Kinda long winded, lol.

In regards to not hearing from them, I would just call. In fact I spoke with Janet two times before I got my invite for interview. My point? don't be afraid to call and see whats going on. You paid the money to be a candidate, don't throw it away by trying not to be overbearing.

I also had to update my CASPA with one course that I needed to take, so they actively look at your stuff. Keep it up to date.

In regards to not hearing from them, I would just call. In fact I spoke with Janet two times before I got my invite for interview. My point? don't be afraid to call and see whats going on. You paid the money to be a candidate, don't throw it away by trying not to be overbearing.

I also had to update my CASPA with one course that I needed to take, so they actively look at your stuff. Keep it up to date.

you're right! ill talk to janet

Ktsterry, 

When I called I had specific questions that I wanted to resolve. I couldn't include my SMART transcripts to show I had Med Term through the Navy, so I asked if I could send that stuff via email and asked if it would count? Of course it counted, and the conversation actually shifted to what I did while I was in, that my package looked "competitive", how this years applicants had increased from last years, about how stressful everything is and I recommend a dessert wine to help relax. Overall, Janet is a normal person who wants to do her job better than expected. Do not be afraid of her, she isn't just another suit. She is a person who loves to hear from the students.

Let me get to the point, just treat her like a friend and have specific questions in mind when you call. Everything else will work out.

If I were you, I would probably call and speak to her. Be prepared to create small talk and my specific reason for calling would be "to make sure you didn't forget about me?"

Agree?

Just received a call today that a slot opened up on Monday October 19th for an interview. That is 3 days away. Stay hopeful because you never know what could happen. I was verified around June 1st and this is the only contact I've received since then besides receiving my application

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Just received a call today that a slot opened up on Monday October 19th for an interview. That is 3 days away. Stay hopeful because you never know what could happen. I was verified around June 1st and this is the only contact I've received since then besides receiving my application

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been so long since I've looked but here is a general idea:

~700 volunteer hours (and counting with new cardiology vol position) which include time in the ER (helped design and sculpt new geriatric liaison volunteer position) and MRI at 2 different hospitals as well as ~70 hours of those shadowing from the PA observer program at St. Luke's

~3.9 non-science

~3.7 science

151 verb, 154 quant, 5.0 writing

Extensive leadership involvement: president and vice president of multiple clubs/academic fraternity/honor society

I also attended a private university that had students do research so I have a couple biology research projects as well

.... all I can think of now. I haven't really been on my CASPA in a while haha

Hi everyone!

I am happy to announce that I have received an interview invite for October 30th! I was wondering if anyone has any tips to offer for the interview? How was the interview day? How many individual interviews and are there any group interviews? how long did the interview sessions last? Any helpful tips and suggesstions would be greatly appreciated! Also, what is the nearest hotel to stay at? Sorry for so many questions- I would rather be over prepared than under prepared!

Congrats to everyone accepted and goodluck to all in the process!!

For those interviewing Oct. 30th, what hotel will you be staying at? I plan to fly in Thursday night from Philadephia Internaitonal Airport..if anyone wants to split hotel stay and share a room, I am down for that! We can share a cab next morning to the University next morning as well! PM if interested! can't wait!

Archived