2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for CURRENT Drexel PA Students!

Could anyone help me out a bit with estimating Room & Board expenses? I know that on the Estimated Costs page online it says 'variable', which obviously yes, it will depend on where the student is living, with roommates, etc., but I was wondering if any current students could please tell me what rates they're paying currently? I'm from Michigan and will be beginning the program in Sept. I'm making a budget for myself and I know little about the Philly area (and cost of living as a Drexel PA student) and would find it very helpful if I had a rough estimate for Room & Board. 

Thank you!

Question for CURRENT Drexel PA Students!

Could anyone help me out a bit with estimating Room & Board expenses? I know that on the Estimated Costs page online it says 'variable', which obviously yes, it will depend on where the student is living, with roommates, etc., but I was wondering if any current students could please tell me what rates they're paying currently? I'm from Michigan and will be beginning the program in Sept. I'm making a budget for myself and I know little about the Philly area (and cost of living as a Drexel PA student) and would find it very helpful if I had a rough estimate for Room & Board. 

Thank you!

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance! I am currently living with 2 other students from my class (so we have a 2 bedroom place with a loft, allowing us to each have our own room, and we have 2 bathrooms). The place is $2500 total. I would say that I spend around $100-150 per month on food, mostly depending on whether I eat out a lot during that month or not. I do know that it is possible to find a cheap place, but we are right in the heart of center city and also a 5 min walk from class (Hahnemann), and we have found that it was absolutely worth it to splurge a bit for the convenience and being able to live in a nice part of town. Would you be looking to have any roommates, or are you moving here with anyone else? 

Just got accepted!!

Does anyone know the weekly schedule of the full time program vs the part time ? Considering my options. Thanks in advance for any input

The weekly schedule is very fluid, regardless of if you choose part time or full time. The difference is you take some of the non clinical classes during the first year if you are part time. That still means you take a full quarter worth of clinical classes once you hit your second year. In my opinion, unless you have inescapable family obligations, chose the full time option. It's totally doable, and the addition of the non clinical classes don't make much of a difference as far as volume of information or time management is concerned. Just my $0.02.

Just got accepted!!

Does anyone know the weekly schedule of the full time program vs the part time ? Considering my options. Thanks in advance for any input

Yea I also agree with WWUViking on this one. Pretty much the first year if you are part time isn't really busy you take 1-2 classes at most each quarter but then the second year as a part time student you end up taking the majority of the same classes as the full time students. It is 10 credits that second year per quarter versus 15 credits per quarter for full time students. Just know once you decide on part time versus full time and the deadline passes, you cannot change this option. 

The weekly schedule is very fluid, regardless of if you choose part time or full time. The difference is you take some of the non clinical classes during the first year if you are part time. That still means you take a full quarter worth of clinical classes once you hit your second year. In my opinion, unless you have inescapable family obligations, chose the full time option. It's totally doable, and the addition of the non clinical classes don't make much of a difference as far as volume of information or time management is concerned. Just my $0.02.

Congrats gidonc! What date did you interview on?

I interviewed November 20th 

@mooeri: can you please tell a little more about when was your interview and what is your work/educational background. Just want an idea of what is their criteria for selection. Thanks.

hi!

So currently I attend the University of Florida, I'll be graduating in May with a BS in Health Science. I've worked full time for two years as a CNA at a hospital, first on a Med/Surg floor and now on Peds. I have a 3.6, got a 159 and 160 on the verbal and quantitive GRE, and had over 2000 patient contact hours with about 200 shadowing hours and 1000 volunteer hours at different places.

I interviewed Jan 22 and received the call of acceptance on Jan 30. Had already accepted another program and didn't feel like Drexel was the best fit for me. So someone else will have the opportunity of getting a seat!

Hi everyone! My name's Rachael and I'm the admissions rep from the class of 2017! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the program and I will try my best to answer them! Also, if you have been accepted and have not found the link to the Facebook group yet I would be happy to send it to you! Best of luck! :)

Hi everyone! My name's Rachael and I'm the admissions rep from the class of 2017! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the program and I will try my best to answer them! Also, if you have been accepted and have not found the link to the Facebook group yet I would be happy to send it to you! Best of luck! :)

Hi Rachael, thanks for reaching out to all of us!

I was just wondering if you could elaborate more on how students find housing during the clinical rotations, especially since there's a requirement to travel for the various rotations! 

Thanks in advanced for the insight!

Hi Rachael, thanks for reaching out to all of us!

I was just wondering if you could elaborate more on how students find housing during the clinical rotations, especially since there's a requirement to travel for the various rotations! 

Thanks in advanced for the insight!

Hi there! So there are plenty of rotation sites that do not require travel. There is a lottery system that allows students to rank their top sites and most likely you will get placed within one of those that you picked. However, if you would like to travel or have a certain area in mind, you would need to find housing for those sites. Some sites offer free housing, some have housing that they offer for a certain price. I don't have all of the answers yet because I am only a first year student, but there are many people in place to assist you with rotation sites and housing in those sites. Hope this was helpful! 

Archived