2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, I will be interviewing on October 5th. I am very excited to be among those considered for an interview. Drexel is among the best of the best when it comes to healthcare so receiving an interview is an honor in itself. If anyone is wondering about my stats...

Firstly a dad to an amazing 2 1/2 year old little boy

Bachelors in biomedical science minor in biology  (3.5 GPA)

Combat medic 2004-2009

Emergency room tech 2009-Present

Multiple presentations to include local and national

Mayo School of Health Science CRISP intern

Vice President/ President of club in-which I started with a group of faculty

Volunteered at a local shelter along with a NP and helped construct a diabetes bootcamp

I will also be interviewing on Oct 5th. For those females out there who already interviewed, I was wondering what shoe you wore. It says in the email to wear comfortable walking shoes since it's from 9am to 5pm but to me, that means sneakers lol other than that, i can only think of high heels shoes.

I haven't interviewed, but I did walk the campus in April and I will say it is a good amount of walking. Especially if you are walking there from your hotel. I wore comfortable flats and was fine. That being said, I'm not positive what would be considered appropriate for both interview and that much walking. If I couldn't walk long distance in my interview shoes then I'd probably just kick it old school and throw a pair of flats in my purse. ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kindle123

I have a pdf with information regarding Drexel's admission requirements and process. It does not have a date/year on it, so I am not sure if it is out to date, but when searching for further detailed information about Drexel while I was researching schools, I came across it. In the pdf, it states that they hold interviews from August through February. Even if the other information is out dated, I would be willing to bet their general interview process remains relatively similar. Maybe this is just me being an optimist, but I would say it sounds like you have time still :)

@kindle123

I have a pdf with information regarding Drexel's admission requirements and process. It does not have a date/year on it, so I am not sure if it is out to date, but when searching for further detailed information about Drexel while I was researching schools, I came across it. In the pdf, it states that they hold interviews from August through February. Even if the other information is out dated, I would be willing to bet their general interview process remains relatively similar. Maybe this is just me being an optimist, but I would say it sounds like you have time still :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got an email for an invite on Oct 22. Verified on CASPA Sept 3. 

Looking forward to this since I keep hearing that the interview process is laid back and they try not to make the situation to tense. I bet the people who conduct interviews like this probably see some of the most hilarious nervous tics and watch some rather interesting coping mechanisms engage when someone enters the room for the interview.

Archived