Verified - 7/14

Confirmation email - 8/2

Interview invitation email - 8/3

3.5 cGPA
3.4 SGPA

4 years combat medic

No shadowing hours

LORs: 1 DO, 1 MD chief of staff, 1 NP.

Invited to interview Aug. 14th, so grateful! I'll report back after the interview.

PM me if you will be there and want to split a room or car pool to campus. Budgets are tight and everything helps!

Tips for the next round of interviewees:

Be yourself! The entire day is very relaxed and the staff and faculty are accommodating. Take it easy and don't worry at all.

The invitation email says to bring comfortable walking shoes - do so! Plenty of walking around the main facility and campus.

Be aware that Drexel has more than one campus...on Google maps you will be looking for the campus which has the nursing building. A close parking garage does $16 all day parking.

Eat breakfast. There is a lunch provided but it's toward the end of the day.

Be prepared to wait!

Preparation books made it sound like every moment is watched...while you always need to maintain professionalism, I did not feel as if I were being scrutinized from the time I arrived.

If possible, try to spend some time in Philly, what an amazing city!

Lastly - cone ready with questions!

Best of luck to all; Drexel is a great school and if it's your first choice I hope you get in.

For anyone applying to Drexel who has to retake a prereq for a B or better, have you gotten interviews? I was contacted on July 13th to clarify when I am retaking a course and they said that they added that it is planned to my file, but I have not heard anything since...

I am not retaking courses, just finishing up some prereqs and have only gotten a confirmation email and the other email that said "you will hear more shortly" I am eagerly waiting for an invite!

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed on the Aug 14 2015. Did they not say we might here something on August 28? Did anyone receive any news? Maybe I do not want to know...

HI! I interviewed on the 14th as well. From what I understood we could hear anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months.... just hoping to hear something soon!!!

I interviewed on the 18th.  My speculation is that since both interviews were a day apart, they may be grouping the two together.  It is my understanding that if you were their top choice during the interview, you will be notified within two weeks and if not, you will be pooled with the other interviewees and ranked accordingly to fill the remaining seats after the all the interviews have been completed. Therefore, I'm anticipating that notification of acceptance will be sometime this coming week.  I know all this waiting is difficult, but if it is meant to be, then it will happen!  Good luck to everyone and hang in there!

Archived