2016 APPLICANTS - post here!

Hi everyone, I'm Steph :)

I've been reading all of these posts and finally figured out how to post on here lol Congratulations to all for making it this far and to those who have received phone calls! I received my call today and I am ecstatic to begin this journey with all of you :)

Prayers to all and hang in there!

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to all those that have been excepted so far! They told me they just started calling today, so those that haven't receive a call yet don't give up hope! There's plenty of time for you to receive that call :)

If you don't mind...could you tell me what you believe helped or assisted you in them selecting you vs why your friends weren't selected? I am really believing it's all about the interview and who you are deep inside. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for wanting to become a PA but I think there are certain types of people that fit the role to the T and some that don't.

roxystarfire

I think that what helped me was a combination of things. I became interested in the program back in 2013. As a result I became one of the founding members of the pre-PA club north campus. That definitely helped with the networking. After I finished the pre-select classes I continued to stay in touch with the club and I would tried to attend their events so they wouldn't forget my face. I'm also really big on community service. I really enjoy feeding the homeless so I have a charity that I'm an avid volunteer off. Another thing I did was sit down with Rebecca, she's the PA advisor on the first floor of medical campus; the person that sends you to see Jackie. I followed her instructions to the "T". MDC has this online program where you can practice mock interviews and it records you so you can get constructive criticism afterwards. She was extremely helpful and I personally feel I would not have gotten in without her help. That I could tell you that was the biggest difference between my friends applying previous years to now. This time around we all followed her instructions and 2/3 have gotten calls so far. We hope and have faith all 3 of us get in. I think that although grades, community service, etc... is all important and part of the process. The interview gives them an opportunity to really see pass all that. From my experience I feel that they are looking for someone that is approachable, can keep a cool demeanor when press with questions, shows true passion for the profession, can take orders, good team player, and would take constructive criticism as something positive rather than negative. I hope this helps you a bit :)

Hey guys, I'm new to the cycle, I've been following along since the interviews since no one else knew the stress I was going through. I officially got the call this morning and I am very excited to meet everyone. They said they would try to call everyone by today or tomorrow and envelopes will be sent out by the end of next week. Good luck to everyone!

Archived