2016 APPLICANTS - post here!

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't received a rejection letter yet and I have been calling Dayne Alonso, Jackie Hernandez, and Isabel Castro for the past couple of days without no avail or response. I was curious if any of you guys have received your official rejection letter or any correspondence from the school staff indicating that the selection process for the program is officially over?

I would say the selection process is over because the acceptance email for candidates has already been sent. However, I am not aware of possible declines at the moment. I would assume that there is a waiting list of people whom will be contacted in the event that any of the 55 fail to accept their seat appropriately.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

I received an email saying that I was on the waiting list this morning. I think the ppl who made it to waiting list should be receiving an email today from Jackie. I am not sure how many ppl could be on the waiting list tho. For my past experience, I think by next week the rejection letter will be sent out.

Hello,

I will like to let you guys know that I received an email today from Jackie saying that I have been placed on the alternate list.

I already received acceptance from my number one choice and I will be attending that program, so this will open a spot for someone else!

I wish you guys good luck and don't give up! You are all amazing :)

I haven't got my rejection yet.  Honestly, I am very disappointed in the application experience.  I tried to keep a positive outlook- because there are a lot of reasons I like this program, and I think all of you are lovely.

But I have called and emailed; I hear nothing back.  Class starts 2 weeks from today- I know I didn't get in, because everyone got their acceptance long ago.  But after the time and energy we all put into this process... it is disappointing.  I went to Miami (only an hour away for me... but still) four times while preparing to apply and such, and two more times- for the test and interview- took several days off work to be able to go to the campus.  I understand that they can't accept everyone, and I am not criticizing their acceptance standards.  But the lack of communication and treating applicants well is concerning.  Are they really too busy to send a form letter email blast all of us who were rejected?  BCC copy all of us- hit send once.  The whole process would take under 5 minutes to notify us.

On the bright side, now that CASPA is open, I am applying to Duke, Cornell, Yale, South, MUSC, NOVA, Keiser, UF & Barry - and ALL OF THE SCHOOLS HAVE BEEN RESPONSIVE with every email- they actually make me feel like they appreciate that I am considering them as a school.

We can't give Miami a pass and say they get so many applicants, so they are allowed to treat us like we don't matter - because most of the schools I am applying to receive 3 - 4 times the number of applications.

My advice- to those who got in, Hurray & Congrats. and to those without a Bachelor's degree- GET IT.  You can still apply to Miami next year, but keep working towards the degree in case you don't get in.  And for everyone with a Bachelor's, apply to the masters programs with me.  We may be spending more money, but the support during the application process is much greater. and the majority of the schools that I applying to have a 100% or 99% PANCE first time pass rate.

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't gotten my rejection letter. @petunia I completely agree with you. I have put so much dedication and work on this application and it would be just polite to reply back or give us some information but well that's not the case. I already applied to this school twice, but it won't be a third time. I already have my bachelors so I'd rather persuit my Masters in a school with better PANCE rate the first time as you said. It's very disappointing that I am still waiting for information about my application when class started already :(

Hey everyone,

I know that many of you are disappointed.  I made it into the program, but my best friend didn't and she's crushed.  I wanted to tell you that you should not give up hope.  I know that the MDC application process and the communication (or lack there of) was extremely frustrating.  I was in your shoes too up until a month ago when I heard that I got accepted.  NOVA and Barry's programs are much flashier...they really treat you well because they're private schools and you're paying the big bucks to attend their university.  I will tell you something VERY important though, before you give up on MDC...

We've been in class since last Thursday.  The level of professionalism we are receiving from the professors and from Dayne Alonso is outstanding.  They expect nothing but the best.  This program is no frills...no fancy food court, or lake fountain, or student center, but this program has the highest standards of education and the highest expectations.  They just beat out every other PA program in the United States (again) in both the Florida and national Brain Bowl Championships (FAPA & AAPA).  Surely that must mean they're doing something right.  Don't lose hope in this program.  Please reconsider reapplying next year.  We need great candidates like you all in this program!

Archived