2016 APPLICANTS - post here!

Hi everybody! :)

I know a lot of us 2016 applicants have been keeping up with the thread of 2015 applicants.  It's exciting to see those get accepted.  There is a lot of good information in the other threads.  But it seems to be a good time for us to start our own conversation.  

I am finishing my last prerequisite this summer as well as working on other aspects to strengthen my application.  I look forward to connecting with you all...as we enter the the next year with so much anticipation!

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, 

Thank you Petunia for starting this thread!

I applied for the 2015 cycle and got as far as the test. I did not receive an invitation to interview. This will be my second time around and hope it will be the one :) 

I am currently enrolled for the summer semester and working to finish my AA degree. I have completed all my prerequisites that MDC requires. 

I look forward to sharing this part of the journey with all the 2016 applicants!

Hello everyone!

My name is Marie, im 24 and I'm a mom to two wonderful little girls ages 1 and the other is 3 months.

I have my B.S. and will be finishing some shadowing in order to apply to the 2016 cycle.

So excited to be part of this group and wish you all the best of luck as we go on this mission to accomplish our dreams together.

????

Hi everyone! I am applying this year for the 2016 entering class. I want to ask any of you out there who have had the opportunity to attend an interview, if you will please give me some insight as to how the experience was. I'd love to know how long it was, how many people interviewed you, was it intimidating, what types of topics should we be prepared to discuss, etc. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. I am a little bit nervous about the interview process because public speaking in interviews has always been a weakness of mine. Though the interview is one of the last steps, I feel it is the most important. Please share your experiences and any advice. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from all of you! Good luck!

J.C. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to hear from all the new posters in this thread. I definitely feel like the interview was one of the most important parts looking at this years applicants thread. I was actually surprised that some of them with really good GPAs and test scores did not make the cut while others with lesser did. However, it does reassure you that anyone can make the cut even with different credentials.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Its wonderful to be part of a like minded group of individuals that are seeking the same goals. I'm super nervous and hopefully that will dissipate throughout the course of this forum. I have read so many threads just to get an understanding on the program at Miami Dade is like and what it takes to even be considered for an interview and am still very weary. Does anyone know the GPA range that they consider for entry to this program?

N.W.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys! 

I applied last year very last minute and I made it all the way to the interview. I scored a 76 on my test and got a call back for the interview.

I say plan a study group for the test. Quite honestly a month's worth of studying should be more than enough before. I studied 4 days before the actual test and I believe I overstudied.

Let me know! I still can recall how the test was.

Hello everyone. I figured I would post here and introduce myself. I am a applicant to the PA program at MDC for 2016 and am excited to be a part of the class. A little history about my self- I am a pediatric Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma survivor and have been in remission for 13 years. When I was 12 years old I began a chemotherapy regimen and within a few months I was in remission. After I was put on maintenance chemo I relapsed with stage 3 Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. The only option was to endure a bone marrow transplant to cure me from this disease. I received my transplant at Duke University with my sister as a donor and several years later, I am cancer free! My pursuit to become a PA began after graduating from college with another degree. I went back to school to complete all necessary pre-requisites with an overall science GPA of 3.5. My course work includes not only the required course but also the optional courses such as genetics. I am awaiting to hear from them after the deadline and am excited to start this program. Good luck to everyone!

Sincerely,

Daniel DiDonna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope... and I have been thinking the same thing.  I am sure they have all been on break the past couple weeks, but I am so anxious/excited to hear from them.  Last year they didn't send test invites until the end of February.  With the deadline being earlier, I would guess we will hear before the end of February.  But who knows.  They told me I have a good amount of points when I turned my application in.  But I am still nervous and anxious.  I hope fellow applicants will post when they hear from the admissions office.  Good luck to all!

Woohoo!  We just got some great information.  

I got an email saying my application is complete.  TODAY! :)

By the end of January, those invited for the exam will receive an email.

Interviews will happen in March & class selection will be complete in early April.  

I am so excited for the next couple months.  Good luck everyone!!

Did you just get an email saying it was complete? I called at the beginning of September 2015 and they said mine was complete but i only found out because I called to see if there was anything else I needed to do. I also called last month and they said they will be letting applicants know by the end of January. The waiting game is sooooo hard.

Archived