• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Test date Feb 23 in A.M.

Score 87

Interview date: 3/18/16

Degree BS in Biological sciences

GPA 3.1( not amazing)

Medical experience employee at Baptist Hospital and shadowed internist and cardiologist

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

I'm going to be honest, I wasn't going to apply this cycle but due to couple dreams last year, I felt the intuition to go ahead and apply for the current cycle. The first dream I had was almost like a nightmare, or a "sad-mare" if that makes sense,  because I applied and Jackie had told me that it was too late to turn in the application since the application deadline had already transpired in my dream. It was a very gloomy dream and definitely had me feeling hurt even after waking up. In the second dream about a week later, I dreamt that I was accepted into the program, and in that same dream the first day of class was being held at the top of a tower which for me symbolized the pinnacle of everything that I had been working towards all these years. These two dreams made me feel that I ought to apply for the current cycle, and despite working full time and going to school full time, I managed to turn in my application on the very last day that they were being accepted before the deadline cut-off. So yes I was very close to being "too late!"

Two of my other paramedic friends who received interviews last year were unfortunately not invited to interview this year. They both feel it was because they didn't score well enough on the entrance exam. The fact that I received an interview again felt like an affirmation that my dream was coming closer to manifestation and that nothing should be taken advantage at this point---especially the interview--even though I managed to earn an 87 on the exam. Not taking anything for granted, or resting on the laurels of my exam score, I ordered mock interviews from Dave Dubose, the PA Coach, where I was able to listen to recordings of three different pa school aspirants (costed me about 25 dollars!), and in addition I listened to a bunch of tips on YouTube. Truth is, no matter how much preparation I gave myself, I was still super nervous in the interview and at no point did I ever feel like I was surely going to be accepted, but I gave it my best shot knowing I had done everything possible to advocate my candidacy!

Today in calculus class I felt an overwhelming sense of dread regarding the outcome of the whole process, and that sense of dread seemed to come out of nowhere. It was causing me to feel anxious about whether I would get admitted, and since this was my second time interviewing, it was causing me to remember the devastation I felt last time I tried but failed to make the cut. The dreadful sensation was coming from my gut, and it was so tangible that my hands were betraying me while trying to keep up with the new derivative formulas that the teacher was teaching. Normally when I record my lectures, I place it on the edge of my desk so it picks up good audio of the lecture and also put my phone on airplane mode so that any incoming calls that may come through don't end up interrupting my recorded lectures, but due to this entire process I decided it would be best to leave airplane mode disabled just in case. At the height of my queasiness that my gut was feeling, I accidentally wrote 4-16-13 as today's date on the corner of my notebook instead of 4-13-16, and I remember thinking to myself that this dreadful feeling in my gut was distracting me and causing me to write a simple date incorrectly! As I erase the 16 and the 13 from my notebook to re-write the date in the correct order, something happened that in retrospect made me realize why my gut intuition was going haywire---that something had happened when my phone started vibrating. The time was 2:22pm. My heart skipped a beat as I looked at my phone and it said "Jackie Martinez PA" (she called from her extension that is listed on the mdc pa program website, which I happened to have saved on my phone). I don't even really remember running out of the classroom to answer her call, so I believe I may have either teleported or slipped through a wormhole that folded the tapestry of space and time. As she explained everything to me all I could do was wipe away the tears of happiness that were flowing. In that moment all I could remember was how much perseverance and tenacity I had to embody to get to this point; I also remembered how I wasn't even going to apply this year but due to following my intuition from my dreams, I decided to take a chance and follow my heart and my gut, and it paid off! Wow, amazing right!! ^_^

Thank you everyone for your ongoing support to everyone else on this forum who are aspiring towards the same aspiration of becoming a PA. We are all worthy aspirants, but sometimes we have different times for all of us. I had to come to that realization when I didn't make it in last time I interviewed, and I reconciled that experience by accepting the reality that last cycle was not my time that was meant for me. However, I can testify that when you never give up, and tenaciously pursue your dreams, they will manifest when the time is right! Congratulations to everyone who has received a call so far and for those who haven't yet received a call, hang in there!

Test date 2/18/16 pm, 87 and 18.5 in essay

B.S in Biology

3.83 overall GPA, science GPA 3.94

Medical experience: Over 700 hours of shadowing in various field from family practice to peds plastic surgery. Also 400 hrs as BCaBA junior clinician.

As per the time we have to pay etc. an email will be sent next week with all that information.

Archived