2016 APPLICANTS - post here!

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an M !  and still waiting

Again, sincere congratulation to all who have already been accepted.  I have enjoyed our web friendship over the past year.  I created this thread a year ago so that we could help each other.  I never expected to have nearly 800 posts from colleagues, full of encouraging words and support, cheer-leading for each other, and providing appropriate help.

You are all fantastic.  And no matter whether I am accepted or not, I feel the application experience has been delightful - thanks to all of you. 

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a call already, my initials are NR, still waiting and very still optimistic :) ....I bet its very hard for the admissions committee to make all 50+ calls in one day, they probably have other things that come up but stay positive, happy and patient ! I keep checking my emails and phone.. SO NERVOUS! 

PS: This has been the greatest forum i've read compared to all the other years, you guys are very nice and supportive- I wish all the best to you guys 

I cried last night thinking i wasnt in. This morning I called my brother who is in his 3rd year of dentistry to ask his opinion of how i did on the interview. As i played it over in my mind he laugh and said sis be patient. As soon as i hung up i saw 305 calling i screamed and answered timmidly lol when jackee said her name i had to hold back the screams and i was shaking like a leaf as the first thing she asked was to verify my email. Lol i swore oh well they are aending me a rejecrion letter....tgen she said Congratulations...i heard nothing elses i screamed cried and my whole world was at a stand still. She said be patient to recjeve the email packet that she still had more people to call. So Guys I say that to say this. I know its rough BELIEVE ME I DO but hold on.

Honestly.... since they crammed out and worked until 8:30pm on Wednesday and then continued EARLY Thursday... I thought the bulk of the calls were made.  If you look at previous years... it seems that everyone who is accepted hears all at once... and then there are crickets....

So I understand this chapter is nearly closed.... but if there are people who don't take their seats... there may be a few of us getting lucky.  And what about wait lists?  Have any of you been on the wait list in previous years?  

I feel like I had weird luck getting an interview invite after the 19th hour... If my luck continued... maybe I could be wait listed... my hoping :)  Still prepping for the GRE though.  We can't put all our PA eggs in one basket!

Congratulations to all of you wonderful people!

I agree with you @petunia. By this time they have already called all the students who were accepted into the program.

I was in the alternate list last year. They would send you an email stating which position you are in the alternate list. I think that should happen sometime within the next two weeks. After those emails are sent out. The rejection emails will be sent stating that you are a great candidate but there were not seats for you so apply for the following year. :(

If my experience from last year is correct then yes we should move on! To my knowledge I don't know about being wait listed as I received a rejection letter very late. It would have been nice to know off the bat instead of waiting day after day like this in anticipation! I am not trying to be negative, but just more realistic based on my experience from last year! Well I guess its time for looking to other avenues and outlets! This has been a great forum and I just wanted to say congrats to the lucky candidates that got in this year! 

Signing out,

Dr. Kitty 

I agree. The nervousness and anticipation i feel is over for me. We all did our best, all we can do is try again next year and try other avenues as well. Everyone who got a seat deserved it, hopefully next year it will be the group of us who didn't get in this year. This forum has been great and supportive. I hope for the next application cycle, it will be just as great. Good luck to everyone.

Archived