start 2015 (class of 2017)

Hey guys! So I did get a paper of questions from the anatomy teacher but he just said this is an example of how he tests. He didn't say I had to know them by orientation but just to brush up on anatomy because he hits the ground running. As far as med terms... You have to get an 80 on the test at orientation but I heard from a current student you can take it a couple times ( not positive if that's true). I am definitely going to look over both of these things but not go overly crazy. Also orientation is sept 10&11 and they said classes

should be around the first week in October... But they didn't confirm that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one has not advanced from getting less than an 80 on the med term test. Looks maybe, but everyone moves on.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a hotel anyone can recommend? And mode of transportation/taxi service? Thank you!!

I stayed at the Comfort Suites on N Campbell Station Rd.  It was a pretty good price in my opinion and only like 7 minutes from the campus in the morning.  I think any of the hotels in the Turkey Creek area would be good as they're close to South College and close to a variety of restaurants.

I drove so I can't attest to the taxi service but I'm sure you can find a number, ask the hotel front desk, or uber.

There's 3 of us in a room with 3 faculty members.  If you can I would sit in the middle because at least for me in my group they never started there it was always on one end; that way you have time to think and only one of your answers will been taken by someone else rather than twice.  If your quick to think go for an end seat because I sometimes felt like I was just repeating the same as the first person which doesn't help either. 

This question is for alumni or current students of the program. I will be attending the program this fall and will be coming from out of state. Does anyone have any cheap apartment recommendations that are close to the school? I am in the process of searching for an apartment and would really appreciate the input. I decided to post to this thread instead of starting a new one since this one probably gets the most traffic. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance! 

There are no cadavers. They used to use them, but phased them out. At the interview, the anatomy professor came and spoke to us. He seems to have lots of innovative ideas, and the students seemed to really appreciate his teaching methods. This was actually one of my deciding factors between South and another school that has cadavers. I was so impressed by the professor, and I know that for myself, cadavers are extremely ineffective (undergrad A&P lab was my weakest biology class, and it was a 100 level; we used cat cadavers, and it worked completely against how I know I learn).

Archived