start 2015 (class of 2017)

I take my GRE on Jan. 2nd.  I hate i am taking it so late but didn't want to register before i was prepared.  How long will it take for the school to get my scores? I remember last year hearing someone apply in February and was invited for an interview in April.  So i am keeping my fingers crossed.  

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take my GRE on Jan. 2nd.  I hate i am taking it so late but didn't want to register before i was prepared.  How long will it take for the school to get my scores? I remember last year hearing someone apply in February and was invited for an interview in April.  So i am keeping my fingers crossed.  

I'm pretty sure they say 2-4 weeks for you to get the official score report, and then another 1-2 weeks for the school to receive them in my experience. I've taken it twice and have gotten the score report in 2 weeks, but then it took another 2 weeks for the school to send me conformation that they received my scores.

I'm pretty sure they say 2-4 weeks for you to get the official score report, and then another 1-2 weeks for the school to receive them in my experience. I've taken it twice and have gotten the score report in 2 weeks, but then it took another 2 weeks for the school to send me conformation that they received my scores.Thank you

Thank you.  So do the GRE scores have to be received by the school deadline or just "sent" by the school deadline?

I interviewed here and was accepted. The best part of the day was getting to interact with the students. They are honest and real with you, and that made things for me comforting. I was very displeased with the interview process. I'm not sure if it was a tactic of the faculty, but I was continuously cut off and maybe was able to contribute to about 30% of the conversation because they focused on the other interviewee. Because sitting in that chair for so long while the interview goes on without you, is not a good feeling. Especially when you have put so much time and effort to getting that interview; it was important for me to at least be heard. In all, I had a negative experience and wish they had more respect towards me like I showed them. The saying is true that not only are they interviewing you, but you are also interviewing them. Maybe I caught them on a bad day, I'm unsure. Even though mine was bad, I'm glad to hear that there are many positive ones!

Good luck to all future interviewees!

I interviewed here and was accepted. The best part of the day was getting to interact with the students. They are honest and real with you, and that made things for me comforting. I was very displeased with the interview process. I'm not sure if it was a tactic of the faculty, but I was continuously cut off and maybe was able to contribute to about 30% of the conversation because they focused on the other interviewee. Because sitting in that chair for so long while the interview goes on without you, is not a good feeling. Especially when you have put so much time and effort to getting that interview; it was important for me to at least be heard. In all, I had a negative experience and wish they had more respect towards me like I showed them. The saying is true that not only are they interviewing you, but you are also interviewing them. Maybe I caught them on a bad day, I'm unsure. Even though mine was bad, I'm glad to hear that there are many positive ones!

Good luck to all future interviewees!

Well, I guess they heard enough of you to accept you. Congrats. Be thankful. I hate that you felt that you handwork seemed unnoticed but I know a lot of people who would have gladly sat in that chair and been cut off and worked hard to reach the goal......getting accepted.  Your work was not done in vain. Don't get down on yourself. 

@jtameler5441, when did you get an invite to interview? What was your timeframe between submitting your application & interview invite? Anyone know if they send out rejection letters? I'm about to follow up today. I haven't received an email to verify they received my application...

I submitted my application in July and my supplemental in early August. My verification email came at least a month later. I was beginning to worry they hadn't reviewed everything. But I probably got the word that my application was complete and under review in September.

• 3 weeks later...

I finially took the GRE and score 292. I wanted higher.

Undergrad GPA is just below a 3.0

I re-took all pre-reqs and got 3.8

I have 3.4 in masters in psychology

And i have 17,000 HCE hours. ( been in counseling 8 years)

Hoping for an interview!!!!! What do yall think???

I finially took the GRE and score 292. I wanted higher.

Undergrad GPA is just below a 3.0

I re-took all pre-reqs and got 3.8

I have 3.4 in masters in psychology

And i have 17,000 HCE hours. ( been in counseling 8 years)

Hoping for an interview!!!!! What do yall think???

The your health care hours and pre-req GPA helps your application a lot. However, I would retake the GRE if at all possible. There are lots of great study tools out there. I used one made by ETS that was very inexpensive and included lots of practice tests. Also magoosh offers free flash cards for vocab. However, you never know! Wishing you luck!!!

The your health care hours and pre-req GPA helps your application a lot. However, I would retake the GRE if at all possible. There are lots of great study tools out there. I used one made by ETS that was very inexpensive and included lots of practice tests. Also magoosh offers free flash cards for vocab. However, you never know! Wishing you luck!!!

I dont think I would have time.  You can only take every 21 days.  How much do you think I could improve my score in 21 days? I think they have to recieve everything by March 1st.  :(. What did you score?  I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed. LOL

And everyone is different. I only studied for about 3 weeks before I took it, but I had friends who needed less time and some that needed a lot more time to get the scores they wanted. The selection is still a mystery to me. You never know if you'll get an interview! We all just do our best and cross our fingers!!

• 2 weeks later...

How much weight do you think the gpa holds in the over all selection process? My focus was not in academics during my undergrad.

I did really well after I returned to school to complete the pre-requirements but when you look at my over all GPA is only a 3.0 and my GRE is about 302.

I've worked as an EMT on a private ambulance and worked in the emergency room as a tech. I've clocked close to 5000 hours over the past year. (I left one job to go to the other and attended classes full time...) I thought if I clocked tons of hours in the year it might open a door for me. I have a great story but they'd have to interview me to hear it.  What do you all think?  brutal honesty is ok.

Archived