start 2015 (class of 2017)

Hey everyone!

I interview 3/13 and am really excited (but also very nervous)! This is my second year of applying to schools and the first interview invite that I've received, so I'm just not as familiar with the whole process and feel of it. Are the group interview/writing portion questions more behavior type (tell me about a time you went through a stressful situation and what you did), traditional (PA profession current issues/why you want to be PA), or situational (what would you do if...)?

My CASPA GPA is a 3.14, GRE 313, 3300 direct pt care hours as a current Derm MA and former home health aide. Bio major/Chem minor at UAB (Bham, AL).

Look forward to meeting those of you who are interviewing next Friday!

Korina

Hi Korina,

When was your application complete?

I'm just curious as to the timeline for application processing and review once they notify you that it's complete.

Thanks!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Krissywike,

I submitted my CASPA at the end of June and received confirmation that my application was complete from South College at the end of August. The interview invitation came in mid February, exactly 1 month before the actual interview.

Hope that helps! I applied last year and didn't receive an interview so don't give up.

Korina

Greetingsfuturepa,

I'm in the same boat. I esubmitted my caspa Feb. 21, but my application wasn't verified until Mar. 3rd. I'm worried too! I also requested transcripts be sent into caspa in January, but my transcripts took a lot longer than I thought they would and that's why my app wasn't verified until the other day. I think I have decent stats but I'm not sure I'll be considered since my app got verified so late. I did call South College on Monday and they said I esubmitted in time and as soon as my app was verified that they would be able to see it. Hopefully they will still consider me.

Hey guys - Interviewed on 3/13 and was accepted! So excited!!! The interviews went really well and I had a great time, I did hear mix things from others interviewing that day but my panel was really great and made it very comfortable. Good luck to everyone and let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!

Vlsmith, really just be yourself! I definitely prepared and thought about my strengths and weaknesses as a candidate but wasn't scripted or cheesy and I think that helped me to be more relaxed and come off genuine. Two of us from my interview group were accepted and I think that was the big difference for us. Goodluck!!

I was waitlisted. Interviews just make me so nervous! So I think that hurt me for sure. They told me to go through with this masters that I'm supposed to be starting in June and update them with my grades after the summer semester is through. I had Dr. Hillegas in my group so that was fun (he can come off a little blunt). The other 6 people that I saw while I was waiting for my ride were waitlisted as well. I'm guessing they will fill the class after the last interview in May.

Undergrad GPA 3.5, GRE 298, writing portion 4, over 1000 hours as a CNA/HHA, shadowed a doctor and pa for a summer and volunteered in an ER and cancer center

June 20- caspa submitted

Aug 22- they said they had my application

Feb 22- interview invitation

March 13- interview

Also they said they are only half way through their interview process and they keep seats available until the last scheduled interview day. Hope this helps. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

Wanted to give some hope,

submitted caspa end of July

south confirmed they had everything 22 August

Interview invite 2 February

Interciewed and was accepted 20 February

GPA: 3.6 overall, 3.3 science,

GRE: 285

180 hours shadowing multiple PAs and Msd

80 hours direct patient care as a CNA

I'm a veteran so I also had the Ranger first responder course and the Combat lifesaver course. I finished as a Infantry squad leader E-5, Sgt. I know my experiences in the service helped but i had a strong narrative as well. I am 26 with a wife and two kids and I am the most comfortable in the interview. I also started veterans organizations and chapels in undergraduate that I think helped. Anyways, I just wanted to post so that ppl could see that even though your GRE might not be good or another area. You can still create a strong application and sell yourself at the interview. Hope it helps! Feel free to ask me questions. I'm the only vet

O and I was also accepted at LMU in November, one of the first rounds. I am choosing south because of family in the area and other things. LMU is a great school though too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived