Thomas Jefferson PA Program (Philadelphia)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey how did you get an interview before the supplemental? Also did you get to pick from various dates?

I'm not sure how that worked out but I'm assuming they will send it to me before I go in for my interview! I got to pick from several dates and chose the earliest one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the Interview barbeabp!!!

To the rest of us: I think that Thomas Jefferson might be starting off the applications with being selective instead of who applied early. There have been people that have been verified since May and only some received secondaries while others are still waiting.

I was verified in May and received a secondary but no interview invite. I will update if and when received. Good luck everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question for you guys. I just received an email yesterday showing my documents that they have and it says that I am missing a recommendation letter from a PROFFESOR and all of mine are from MD,PA's. My question is this if I request another recommendation letter from a PROFFESOR does that mean that my chances are dropped to the bottom due to my application missing a recommendation letter?? Please let me know when I saw the email I was so stressed out.. :(

Don't stress. I sent a document that I forgot to sign to a school and they let me email it to them and offered me an interview. Schools receive so many applications that they have to screen the basics in order to limit the field. It's not like you are missing a pre-req. I would check with them to see if you can resubmit with another recommendation letter. If so, the sooner the better since their deadline is oct 1.

PA is probably the most competitive program right now. We must all be slight gluttons for punishment, right? Don't stress, do what you can and try to be as patient as you can.

MarkMass thank you for the feedback.  I did submit three but they all were from MD's and PA bu! I will request another one from a professor I am just stressing out bc I don't want them to think that I did ZERO research on their school. Hope I get a chance and good luck to you too ..

Just bear in mind that they probably have only a few people initially screening applications and with the low percentage of accepted (3-5% I think) they may not let you resend. I have 18000 hours of patient care, teach acls, present to PA's and other medical staff, but because one gpa was 0.04 below the desired a program wouldn't look at my application.

You're welcome. I know what you're going through and some programs tend to be a little misleading. I had one tell me that despite their requirements being listed as 3.0 they actually didn't look at any below 3.25.

Hopefully I didn't come off as a negative Nancy but it's a difficult process and while they want to look at every qualified candidate, they can't and we get frustrated. An academic reference is always helpful so I'd recommend it for your other programs. Definitely email Jefferson tomorrow and see if they will accept it. Hope it works out for you.

I am in the same boat, I did not have a Professor do a recommendation because I have been out of school for quite a while. I was not emailed yet about needing one. But I am in the same boat MarkMass, same amount of experience hours, I'm a Respiratory Therapist, and I graduated from Jefferson in 2008 with my Bachelors inNuc Med/Rad Therapy and My post Bach GPA is great but bc prior I wasn't apparently the 4.0 they are looking for, So I know I will be passed over. I was told too that although they say "3.0" min, they really want something very high. Guess I'll be an RT forever haha

Archived