Thomas Jefferson PA Program (Philadelphia)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, 

Long time lurker, first time poster here lol. The program recently reached out to me about submitting documentation of proof of work and volunteering. The email was very vague  and as the previous poster noted, I have not been able to get a response from Amina either.  I was hoping someone could tell me if there was a certain form on the program's website or on CASPA that I am not seeing that they wanted us to fill out and send in. If not, how did you guy send in this documentation? Did you have a supervisor or volunteer program director sign off on any paper work? Any feedback would be most appreciated!

Hello everyone, 

Long time lurker, first time poster here lol. The program recently reached out to me about submitting documentation of proof of work and volunteering. The email was very vague  and as the previous poster noted, I have not been able to get a response from Amina either.  I was hoping someone could tell me if there was a certain form on the program's website or on CASPA that I am not seeing that they wanted us to fill out and send in. If not, how did you guy send in this documentation? Did you have a supervisor or volunteer program director sign off on any paper work? Any feedback would be most appreciated!

They have not reached out to me to confirm volunteer/community service hours or my PCE hours. I think my LORs were sufficient enough to validate my experiences.

PS. I emailed Amina and received a response within 4 days.

From my experience dealing with PA admissions over the past few years on and off, I've found that it is not unusual to not hear from them much.  It seems there is often one person handling all of the emails and consider this:

Schools like Jefferson = well over 1000 applications, interview maybe 150, accept 40+ (whatever their class size is)..So 3.5% of applicants.   They probably receive a ton of emails from potential applicants constantly while trying to run a program and prepare for interviews.  This is just a guess from experience, but it seems that once they are interviewing and accepting they kind of break ties with everyone else.  I know it sounds harsh but it's the nature of the game that is applying to PA school.  They have hundreds of applicants who have all prereq's done and no outstanding forms so they aren't going to go out of the way for people.  The best thing to do is be patient, wait to hear from them, and apply to a bunch of schools.  When you finally get interviews and into a program, the departments are great and you get to know them a lot better.  Don't give up hope and don't get to bent out of shape.  It'll happen.  Its taken me several years of applying, improving my grades, dealing with life issues, but it worked out in the end.  Just keep working and trying.  Persistence is key.

They have not reached out to me to confirm volunteer/community service hours or my PCE hours. I think my LORs were sufficient enough to validate my experiences.

PS. I emailed Amina and received a response within 4 days.

Ok  Diggy, so you just filled out the required sections on CASPA, sent in related LOR, a resume maybe, and that was it? Thanks for the response!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my acceptance email! However I will be turning it down to attend another program. Hopefully this opens up a spot for someone else!

Congrats! Would you mind sharing any experiences of your interviews/applications?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got waitlisted today after an interview on 10/10/16. Feels bad man. Hopefully they'll give me better news in the weeks to come.

If it makes you feel better they pulled me off the wait list just 2 weeks after they put me on it so there is lots of hope for you!

When did you submit your application and got a invite for the interview?

Application was verified complete on 8/30/16 (That's the CASPA App + their supplemental). Got an interview invitation on 9/22/16. Interviewed on 10/10/16. Waitlisted on 10/24/16. I think interviews run until the end of November or mid December. 

If it makes you feel better they pulled me off the wait list just 2 weeks after they put me on it so there is lots of hope for you!

Thank you for that information because it also gives me hope! I also interviewed 10/10 and was waitlisted 10/24.  Do you have any additional information on Jefferson's waitlist? (i.e. how many people are pulled from the waitlist on average, is it ranked, etc.)  Thanks for anything you can provide!

• 2 weeks later...

Application was verified complete on 8/30/16 (That's the CASPA App + their supplemental). Got an interview invitation on 9/22/16. Interviewed on 10/10/16. Waitlisted on 10/24/16. I think interviews run until the end of November or mid December.

Thank you...

Is it weird that I have not heard anything from the program? My application was marked verified the first week of August. I looked over their timeline and it mentioned that it may take up to 8 weeks to receive a response to submit a supplemental application, but it's been about 3 months! I have called a few times and have been instructed to wait for the e-mail to submit a supplemental app.

I understand that they receive a lot of applications, but I don't know why I have not even received a receipt of application e-mail. My application has been verified via phone conversation, but that's pretty much it.

I honestly don't know what to expect at this point, besides a rejection message.

Sorry for the rant. I was expecting an email to confirm that they at least touched my application once (to see that it was complete).

Is it weird that I have not heard anything from the program? My application was marked verified the first week of August. I looked over their timeline and it mentioned that it may take up to 8 weeks to receive a response to submit a supplemental application, but it's been about 3 months! I have called a few times and have been instructed to wait for the e-mail to submit a supplemental app.

I understand that they receive a lot of applications, but I don't know why I have not even received a receipt of application e-mail. My application has been verified via phone conversation, but that's pretty much it.

I honestly don't know what to expect at this point, besides a rejection message.

Sorry for the rant. I was expecting an email to confirm that they at least touched my application once (to see that it was complete).

I'm in the same boat--I've heard something from every other school I applied to. I've emailed Amina and she takes quite a while to get back if she does get back to me. From my interaction with admissions there, they seem to either be extremely understaffed or unorganized. In any case, it's really frustrating! I hope you receive some type of contact soon! Good luck.

@arm930: It definitely is frustrating. The last time I spoke with one of their staffs, she said something along the lines of: "you can go online and complete the supplemental after you're verified. You don't have to wait for an e-mail". I replied stating that the instruction provided on their website was to wait for an e-mail. Then, she was like, "well, then, wait for an e-mail". In my mind I was like "what? you can't give me a firm/accurate response?". Anyways, it seems like it is a combination of both understaffing and disorganization. 

Let's hope we hear something soon!   

Archived