2013-2014 application cycle

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I'm about to start school at the Miami campus. The Miami campus is the main campus, accepts about 50 students. Then it's St. Petersburg with 25. I'm not sure how many students St. Croix accepts, but I think it's less competitive to go to that campus, most people would rather go to the one of the other two because of the cost of living. It's more expensive to live on an island, not to mention flights home will be more expensive as well. Miami/Ft. Lauderdale have very affordable one way flights to Los Angeles where I am from. Miami and St. Petersburg get the same amount of federal loans, but St. Croix students can get a little more. I chose Miami because I've always heard good things about Miami and I thought it would be nice to live here. From what I understood during the interview, lectures are taught at on campus and are broadcasted simultaneously to the other two campuses, and it's like you're there so if you're in Miami and the professor is speaking in St. Petersburg you can still raise your hand and ask a question (they can see and hear you, like you can see and hear them). Around 55% of the lectures are taught in Miami, 30% in St. Croix and 15% in St. Petersburg, according to the info session during the interview day. Either way, everyone hears the same lecture and learns the same material. You guys can use that info to decide :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guys with the interviews, when did you send your apps in? :) My CASPA was mailed on 8/9 and after not getting a confirmation e-mail for a month, I e-mailed them asking for my status.. got the generic "awaiting Admissions Committee review" e-mail yesterday, but at least nothing is missing!
hey my app was mailed July 22 I believe

Archived