2013-2014 application cycle

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got accepted today! Interviewed October 25. 

According to the Facebook group, there are about 25 people give or take in it? I don't know if that's helpful for anyone as I'm sure some of the people in it are probably current PA students helping to "lead" the group if that makes sense.

Good luck to those who are still interviewing! 

Snoofle, 

Traffic was all right, not the greatest, but living in LA I would say my perception is skewed. From the airport to Barry it usually takes only about 20 minutes, so I think if you leave at 7:45 AM - 8:00 AM to be safe you will be totally fine and most Miami doesn't leave work until like 8:30 - 9:00 AM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And @crd615 I was only on campus until 2:00 PM because the last activity of the day is eating lunch with current PA students, so the last thing ends around 12:30ish and you can be at lunch with the students as long or as short as you like!

I am interviewing on Nov 22. For those that have already interviewed, how bad was traffic in the morning? I am trying to book a hotel and want to stay closer to the airport, b/c of the cheaper prices, but I am afraid of being caught in horrible traffic.

Any info appreciated

I stayed at one of the Comfort Suites hotels, left at 8:15 and was at Barry by 8:30. It was only 9-11 miles from the hotel. All the traffic seemed to be going in the opposite direction. Good luck!

I interviewed on November 8 and stayed in Hollywood which is near the Ft. Lauderdale airport. I left the house 1 hour and 45 minutes early, but the trip only took me 30 minutes. As a word of caution one person interviewing said that they arrived late because their GPS brought them to an incorrect exit. I would recommend getting your directions from two different sources if you are driving to ensure they match up!

I interviewed Nov 1 as well, and have not heard back from them either way either. I figured with Veterans day there was some lag time, but nothing yet? are we going to get called emailed or mailed either way? only thing i got was an email inviting me to join the st croix campus but when i called up, Michelle said they sent it out to all the interviewees from nov 1 and it wasnt a sign of acceptance or rejection...did you receive that as well?

Ydlbg -- I did not receive any email about st croix. This also worries me. Trying not to feel too discouraged but I'm not sure what to think. We were told at St Pete that we should hear back within 2 weeks for an acceptance or rejection and if it took longer, we were probably put on a wait list. I assume you interviewed at Miami?

Hello!

I recently received an invite to interview at St Croix! I was asked to select an interview date then await confirmation before making travel arrangements. It's been over a week now- how long did it take you to receive confirmation? Did you receive at all or just show up? Also, when I called their office to leave a message, the voice mail was full?

Thanks!

Just got confirmation, took almost 2 weeks. Anyway, those who interviewed at ST Croix, how did it go? Any tips for getting around the island?

to my nov 1st interviewees - at what point will you try to contact barry to inquire about your admissions status? since today marks 2 weeks and at st. pete they told us after 2 weeks to assume wait list status, i'm tempted to call and ask....but I don't know.... normally I'd be more patient but since they gave us this 2 week mark it's been weighing heavily on my mind

I am interviewing on Nov 22. For those that have already interviewed, how bad was traffic in the morning? I am trying to book a hotel and want to stay closer to the airport, b/c of the cheaper prices, but I am afraid of being caught in horrible traffic.

Any info appreciated

I'm interviewing at the Miami Shores campus on the 22nd as well! Looking forward to meeting you!  

i called up barry today to see the deal with admissions and i spoke to michelle again. she said that they still havnt determined my status and my application is still being considered. i would take that as a waitlist?! any thoughts? i am 99% going to nova-davie but i am just curious to see their response. 

well I finally heard from barry and I'm on the wait list at st. pete (after interviewing nov 1.) the email made it seem as though the st pete class is full but there is still a good chance to get pulled from the wait list for an acceptance. the email also asked about my interest in st croix. im just confused as to why they are continuing to interview for the st pete class if it is "full"....who knows.....

Archived