Hi there,

I am starting college this fall and am having some questions about my major.

As of right now I am majoring in Human Development and Family Studies and minoring in Biology.

The minor in Biology will fulfill my pre req cources for PA school.

My question is how will my major affect (positively or negatively) getting into PA school?

Thanks!

• Administrator

Positively, I expect. Biology majors look like med-school fodder who decided they wanted a cheaper/faster route. Major in something as outlandish and unique as you possibly can while getting your prerequisites done. Then, go forth and experience the world while gathering your HCE.

Hi there,

I am starting college this fall and am having some questions about my major.

As of right now I am majoring in Human Development and Family Studies and minoring in Biology.

The minor in Biology will fulfill my pre req cources for PA school.

My question is how will my major affect (positively or negatively) getting into PA school?

Thanks!

It depends on the policy driving the pa program selection committee and perhaps the program mission.

But realize being invited to interview or being offered a seat is based on MANY things, not just one. I advise looking at various programs (that you think interest you) and see what their interview and admittance criteria is based on. What is their mission, goals, etc. that may help.

In closing, I think the path you outline above is a good one. It may change but you'll cross that bridge when you get there.

Good luck.

I got a B.A. and I was wait-listed at one school and got in everywhere else so that really doesn't matter IMO. It doesn't matter what your major is. One of my friends majored in English and had a minor in Italian. She took the pre-reqs over the summer. Your pre-req grades, HCE, and volunteer experience are much more important than you're major.

Archived