Verification of Application

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With my application (5/24 complete date), it said verifying May 20 for several days... then all of the sudden I woke up to an email saying that my application was verified. Then, there was a problem with how I entered credits, so it was 'undelivered' or w/e, then I fixed it.. my new complete date was 6/3, and it was surprisingly re-verified later that day and mailed in the 6/7 batch. Basically.. the dates they provide can be helpful but in both my verification instances it was completely unrelated to what actually happened..so don't obsess over it too much!

^ Agreed. From what I understand, you need to take this date with a grain of salt. It works as a guideline so you're not completely in the dark about your position in the verification line and prevents applicants from clogging up the phone lines and e-mail queues just to ask what date verification is on. However, from my interactions with CASPA I know that the date is taken from applicants not yet assigned to staff members, so theoretically you could be in someone's workload for few days while the applicants still waiting in the verification line have later complete dates. I also know that there are two different verification lines for those people who are applying for the first time and people who are re-applying, and CASPA goes with the date of whichever line that is furthest behind.

Basically, if you get verified before the "date currently being verified" its kinda like a bonus. But if they've gone past your date for more than a day or two, its good to call and check in to make sure everything's OK, even if its just to be assured that it is.

Thanks for replies to my current issue with verification. I emailed them with no response yet. I am currently out of the country so sitting on hold is not much of an option. If it does not get resolved by next week when I'm back in the states callin them will be the first thing I do.

I'm verified! I don't understand the way CASPA stress people out the way they do but I care a lot less since I'm now through that hoop. By the way they never replied to my email sent last week... Anyways, thanks again for the words of caution and encouragement. Hope the application process goes well for you all.

@Torshi. Listing new jobs will depend on your schools. You also have the option of calling/emailing them and asking them if they would like an update on your qualifications. I would also check your schools' websites for information regarding the supplemental apps. Some of mine had bad links in CASPA or no links, but their websites had links to a supplemental that could be filled out as soon as I had a CASPA ID.

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted: 7/10

Verified: 7/11

My only problem with them verifying so quickly is that I noticed there were a few errors in my coursework which were not fixed. I probably should have caught these on my own but after staring at the same application for three months, I must have missed it.

For example, they put in my advanced placement credit but did not show what subjects I earned the credits in and didn't catch that my SOC 120 class should have been Introductory Sociology instead of Introductory Psychology which I feel stupid about.

I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning and hopefully they don't send it off with the wrong info.

Submitted 7/6

Verified 7/8

Mailed 7/10

Surprisingly I thought the LoRs would take longer, but it was my narrative as I felt like I needed to tweak it more. In the end, I'm glad that's part is done with, but now I have some more essays to write on the different supplementals. I feel like I have writer's block frankly. Never wrote so much about my self and my ambition before. Hopefully it will pay off in the end (:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Once an application is 'complete', which is defined as all transcripts, payment, and at least two of the three letters of reference are received by CASPA, then your application will be moved into the verification queue. At this point, it can take CASPA up to four weeks to verify (calculate your GPA) your application and move it to 'mailed' status. You will want to monitor your application status in our status menu when you login to your CASPA application. There is also a mobile portal available, so you can log in from your smart phone or tablet anytime. You can scan the bar code from you application once you log into your application.

Hey All - I didn't know there was a delay between submitting your CASPA and the verification process. I am just ordering transcripts now (8/13) to be sent to CASPA and completed by UC Davis' 9/1/2013 deadline. Do you think I am way too late? Davis has indicated they need the CASPA to be complete and verified by 9/1/2013, not just submitted. Anybody have experience in this situation?

Hey All - I didn't know there was a delay between submitting your CASPA and the verification process. I am just ordering transcripts now (8/13) to be sent to CASPA and completed by UC Davis' 9/1/2013 deadline. Do you think I am way too late? Davis has indicated they need the CASPA to be complete and verified by 9/1/2013, not just submitted. Anybody have experience in this situation?

I e-submitted 8/2/13 and was verified by 8/8/13. Today I just got notice that my app has been mailed out to all my schools. I think you'll be ok, but I don't know if CASPA has slowed down since the beginning of August. Also, it depends how quickly your school sends out your official transcripts. For me, my 4 yr institutions sent my transcripts out within days of me requesting them. However, my transcript from a community college took 3 weeks for CASPA to receive it. I hope this kind of helps you out. Maybe call your schools and really get on them to send your official transcripts out ASAP! Good luck!

Archived