Verification of Application

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on the amount of applications they have. After you e-submit, it will turn to saying completed/not verified if they have your transcripts and at least 2 LORs. Once your application is complete/not verified, below the date yours was complete, it will list a date that says complete date being verified or something like that..you can get an idea from that.

To my understanding what that means is that they are currently reviewing applications that were e-submitted on May 29th. They're doing them in order of receipt so the idea is that date should give you an idea of when yours will be reviewed. Of course in practice, what it does is make you compulsively check CASPA to see what date they're working on today, at least if you're me anyway. I submitted on the 4th and have been checking ever since. They were working on May 28th then so they're spending at least a few days each on each day as far as I can tell. Good luck!

To my understanding what that means is that they are currently reviewing applications that were e-submitted on May 29th. They're doing them in order of receipt so the idea is that date should give you an idea of when yours will be reviewed. Of course in practice, what it does is make you compulsively check CASPA to see what date they're working on today, at least if you're me anyway. I submitted on the 4th and have been checking ever since. They were working on May 28th then so they're spending at least a few days each on each day as far as I can tell. Good luck!

Hahaha. @Nate, ain't that the truth. :) I did that until in one heart-racing moment, mine went from "complete/not verified" to "returned" to "complete". Phew.

Holy cow. It seems like they've been verifying the 29th's applications for a LONG time. Even though mine was submitted on the 4th, it could take quite some time for it to be completed and THEN it needs to be mailed to my designated institutions. At least it is done though... glad I'm not one of the folks who waited any longer than this.

I submitted in early June last year and they turned it around in about a week. Don't get too worked up, you are very early in the cycle and that's good. I'd be very surprised if the schools don't have your app by the end of the month and you're still going to beat the great majority of applicants.

@Nate, did you say that you submitted yours on the 4th and it was verified on the 12th? If that's the case I'm definitely going to be checking CASPA excessively since that would mean their "currently verifying" date isn't too accurate :) (it says they're still on 5/31/13)

Good luck!

That's right ppelavin. And it doesn't show me the date they're working on anymore, covering their tracks I guess, haha. Also it says my application status is "Mailed," but if I click on programs it says the status for each program is "Not Mailed" and that the mailing date "6/14/13." Hmm...

Ok, I'm a bit frustrated. All my other transcripts arrived to CASPA within a week. It's been 7 "business days" now and it's still not there, and got the run around from CASPA about it. How long did it take you guys' transcripts to get added to your account? This is the only thing I'm waiting on and I want to get this in and done with! I hate the waiting game so I want to get this done ASAP! Thanks

That's right ppelavin. And it doesn't show me the date they're working on anymore, covering their tracks I guess, haha. Also it says my application status is "Mailed," but if I click on programs it says the status for each program is "Not Mailed" and that the mailing date "6/14/13." Hmm...

Hmm indeed... haha. Thanks for the update!

umm so mine says the same thing except mine were mailed 6/7/13 and now apparently NOT mailed 6/14/13.... hopefully it's a glitch?

A question for you: did you make any updates to your coursework, etc., after your application was mailed on the 7th? Because mine says exactly the same thing. It was mailed on the 7th and now it shows two separate entries, mailed on the 7th and not mailed on the 14th.

Also, @mbalaban...you might want to interface with your school. One of my schools' transcripts got lost somewhere along the line, so the school was kind enough to waive the transcript fee and rush send it for free.

I have been in contact with my school and they are not being very "kind". It looks like I'm going to be getting stuck paying the $25 to get it overnighted on monday and keep my fingers crossed that it gets in the system quickly.

:( I chose to pay to have it overnighted, too, but if it helps, mine arrived and was entered very expediently.

@ktcan10 I didn't do anything to my app besides look at my work/volunteer experience sections again, how about you? Also, I have received notifications from a few schools that they received the paper copy of my CASPA app so I really think it might be a computer mistake.. hopefully

@ktcan10 I didn't do anything to my app besides look at my work/volunteer experience sections again, how about you? Also, I have received notifications from a few schools that they received the paper copy of my CASPA app so I really think it might be a computer mistake.. hopefully

Me too. I got the same notification from most of my schools. I updated some of my grades, though, because my spring semester grades came in, so I thought that maybe they re-mailed my application when it was updated? But other than that, it's got to be a computer glitch, I think. We will see what Monday holds. :)

When I click Programs it still says "Not Mailed" and that the mail date is yesterday but on the main screen it says "Mailed." I haven't heard anything from any of my programs (and I know AT Still should be asking me for the supplemental fee once they receive my CASPA). Maybe I'm going to have to make some phone calls soon, though from what I hear it can take a few days to hear confirmation from your programs...

Alright just got an email from Midwestern thanking me for submitting my CASPA, despite the fact that my mailed application is not mailed and is being mailed two days ago or whatever CASPA is trying to tell me. So I wouldn't worry too much. If you don't hear from your schools soon give 'em a call but I think CASPA's just saying weird things for fun.

To those of you with the same Mailed/Not Mailed dilemma as me: I spoke with CASPA, and they have indicated that the "Not Mailed" on the 14th is a technical glitch, but that our applications WERE mailed on the 14th (or re-mailed in my case, since it was correct that my corrections prompted them to re-mail it to my schools).

Who else thinks its awesome CASPA has a Facebook page they actually answer??

To those of you with the same Mailed/Not Mailed dilemma as me: I spoke with CASPA, and they have indicated that the "Not Mailed" on the 14th is a technical glitch, but that our applications WERE mailed on the 14th (or re-mailed in my case, since it was correct that my corrections prompted them to re-mail it to my schools).

Who else thinks its awesome CASPA has a Facebook page they actually answer??

Good to know that they are so helpful

So on this topic I submitted my application on the morning of June 1st and CASPA starting working on that day earlier this week and are now working on June 3rd. Since completing it the status has said "Complete/not verified" and it still says the same thing. I thought that they would verify all of the applications before moving on to the next day. Does it take a few days beyond when they say, "currently verifying so and so date?" On the other hand is this weird and I should be concerned or contact them? Thanks in advance!

Archived