2023-2024 MEDEX Application Cycle

On 10/22/2023 at 4:37 PM, ashleyjade said:

That’s be awesome! Are you going to be at the Thursday event prior to interview? I see people talking about DM here …. So there must be a way hahah 

I’ll be going to the informal event on Thursday before the interview! I think some interview groups made a discord to do mock interviews/meet other applicants to have some familiar faces on interview day. If anyone wants to do a zoom meeting or something before interview day I’d be down 🙂 

Edited by sierra1234
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, sierra1234 said:

I’ll be going to the informal event on Thursday before the interview! I think some interview groups made a discord to do mock interviews/meet other applicants to have some familiar faces on interview day. If anyone wants to do a zoom meeting or something before interview day I’d be down 🙂 

I figured out DMs and sent you one! 

Edited by ashleyjade

4 minutes ago, cmcnamara said:

Anyone know the ratio of interviewed to accepted applicants? Just wondering because in the interview invite they request a headshot that they said would be used for student IDs, etc.

All of Medex is approximately 2 interviews for each spot. 300:170 per the website.

Was told this week during Seattle interviews that they usually take 55 and are doing 3 dates of 30 people. They had about 35 spots open during my interview.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ManifestingSuccess said:

Has anyone heard back from the Kona Campus yet? I haven't received anything new since I applied back in May. Have their interviews started?

Also, does MEDEX do a pretty good job at sending rejection emails instead of ghosting candidates? 

Kona campus is the last one to schedule interviews. Last year the invites were sent in December for January. If you don’t receive an interview invite, they will send a rejection letter by the end of January. 

33 minutes ago, 33corpsman said:

All of Medex is approximately 2 interviews for each spot. 300:170 per the website.

Was told this week during Seattle interviews that they usually take 55 and are doing 3 dates of 30 people. They had about 35 spots open during my interview.

Something about that is both relieving and terrifying. I am really happy I got to interviews, and am happy that with it being so selective (I know some programs that have said something like 15-30 interviews per position, so an interview invite is still indeterminate of your chances.)

But also, knowing that about half won't "make it" as it were in the interview is anxiety inducing. Maybe it's just lingering spooks from Halloween, though. 

1 minute ago, cmcnamara said:

Something about that is both relieving and terrifying. I am really happy I got to interviews, and am happy that with it being so selective (I know some programs that have said something like 15-30 interviews per position, so an interview invite is still indeterminate of your chances.)

But also, knowing that about half won't "make it" as it were in the interview is anxiety inducing. Maybe it's just lingering spooks from Halloween, though. 

Some of those schools that do mass amounts of interviews aren't necessarily because of being overly/under selective, but because they aren't considered peoples "top choices" and even though they accept handfuls of people, a large majority of them end up withdrawing because they get into schools that they prefer more.

Take MEDEX compared to a certain school in AZ I interviewed at. They interview close to 400 people for 90 spots because they have never had more than 45 initial accepted students actually decide to matriculate. MEDEX is considered an "OG" school and people that interview there it's one of, if not the, top choice. (For the record that school in AZ is a very good school by all accounts)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 33corpsman said:

Some of those schools that do mass amounts of interviews aren't necessarily because of being overly/under selective, but because they aren't considered peoples "top choices" and even though they accept handfuls of people, a large majority of them end up withdrawing because they get into schools that they prefer more.

Take MEDEX compared to a certain school in AZ I interviewed at. They interview close to 400 people for 90 spots because they have never had more than 45 initial accepted students actually decide to matriculate. MEDEX is considered an "OG" school and people that interview there it's one of, if not the, top choice. (For the record that school in AZ is a very good school by all accounts)

That actually makes a lot of sense, but I do like the sensation that your chances are increasing with an interview invite. Still, I didn't think about it that way, and it's pretty enlightening, thanks!

10 hours ago, ManifestingSuccess said:

Has anyone heard back from the Kona Campus yet? I haven't received anything new since I applied back in May. Have their interviews started?

Also, does MEDEX do a pretty good job at sending rejection emails instead of ghosting candidates? 

My friend has an interview for a Kona spot next week. They got their invite two-ish weeks ago I think?

• Like 1