2023-2024 MEDEX Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 10:34 PM, TrashyPanda said:

Seattle is my first while Tacoma is my 2nd...but I'm open to whichever campus!

Awesome! I am the opposite lol. Tacoma is 1st choice (by proximity), and Seattle 2nd. I would be elated to get into either though. About to turn my app in within the next week. Very excitinggggg!!! Good luck everyone 😄

Hey guys! Good luck on applying this cycle! Just a heads up on your 1st and 2nd campus options. MEDEX will only consider your 1st option. You will only be interviewed for that campus. Very very rare that they will offer you a spot for your 2nd option. 

• Upvote 1

Kinda discouraged. Whoever reviewed my application was really distracted. They took classes from 2004 and 2008 but not 2009 and gave me credit for classes I'm not done with.  It makes no sense and I have no one to reach out to. I sent an email over a week ago, no response. 

Edited by derrickW06

12 hours ago, derrickW06 said:

Kinda discouraged. Whoever reviewed my application was really distracted. They took classes from 2004 and 2008 but not 2009 and gave me credit for classes I'm not done with.  It makes no sense and I have no one to reach out to. I sent an email over a week ago, no response. 

Was this for the initial review or the faculty review? Did you receive a rejection? Or did they reach out to you for clarification? Sorry you're feeling discouraged. There is still time to apply to many other programs.  

15 hours ago, Basil said:

Was this for the initial review or the faculty review? Did you receive a rejection? Or did they reach out to you for clarification? Sorry you're feeling discouraged. There is still time to apply to many other programs.  

It's the initial review. Not a rejection nor clarification, which is the hard part. I have all my eggs in one basket. I'm not interested in anywhere else other than Spokane. It's just discouraging waiting ten days for a reply...every time. That's life, I guess. I will just wait and see how things unfold. 

On 6/11/2023 at 11:37 AM, derrickW06 said:

It's the initial review. Not a rejection nor clarification, which is the hard part. I have all my eggs in one basket. I'm not interested in anywhere else other than Spokane. It's just discouraging waiting ten days for a reply...every time. That's life, I guess. I will just wait and see how things unfold. 

I recommend you appeal this review. I had to appeal last year because they stated I did not meet criteria, but after I gave them my updated transcript and justification they passed my app on to the next step. I still got rejected last year (low GPA most likely) but definitely advocate for yourself if you know you’ve met the criteria!

16 hours ago, AKJustinS said:

It’s the only PA program that has a campus in Alaska. They allow you rotations throughout the State,

Yeah I heard some programs in the northeast might let you do some rotations in Alaska but that's about it. I'm Native Alaskan with a bunch of family in Anchorage so if I can study up there, I'll be pretty happy. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:26 AM, cmcnamara said:

Yeah I heard some programs in the northeast might let you do some rotations in Alaska but that's about it. I'm Native Alaskan with a bunch of family in Anchorage so if I can study up there, I'll be pretty happy. 

You have ties to Anc and AK so that’s good for the Supplement. Rotations can vary from Fairbanks, Bethel, Delta, Anchorage and more. However, I’ve seen posts about issues with Anchorage site and heard staffing shortages so not sure what this year will look like. 

• Thanks 1

Hello! I know this might be a silly question, but I just want to make sure I understand the prompt correctly. For the personal statement prompt, what does it mean when they state: "Remember to format the statements with space between paragraphs." They go on to list (4) different questions. 

I am debating between two thought processes: 

1) Put a space in between the response for each numbered question. Meaning there would be a total of 4 paragraphs. 

2) Put a space in between any and all paragraphs, and the answers to the prompt can be interwoven into the personal statement. Limitless paragraphs. 

If someone could help clarify, I would appreciate that!

Edited by tthn17
Misspelling

9 hours ago, tthn17 said:

Hello! I know this might be a silly question, but I just want to make sure I understand the prompt correctly. For the personal statement prompt, what does it mean when they state: "Remember to format the statements with space between paragraphs." They go on to list (4) different questions. 

I am debating between two thought processes: 

1) Put a space in between the response for each numbered question. Meaning there would be a total of 4 paragraphs. 

2) Put a space in between any and all paragraphs, and the answers to the prompt can be interwoven into the personal statement. Limitless paragraphs. 

If someone could help clarify, I would appreciate that!

So I numbered out my responses and had spaces between numbers, but one of my answers had two paragraphs, and I had the same spacing for it.

9 hours ago, AspiringPA1001 said:

Completed my app 5/26 and moved onto faculty review 6/9! Hoping for better outcome this time! I was so nauseous after submitting it. These next few months will be long 😭

It’s nerve racking for sure, waiting to hear if I make it to faculty review. What sites did you pick? I went Tacoma and Anchorage, was told MEDEX loves military at Tacoma, but I live in Alaska so that may limit me.