2023-2024 MEDEX Application Cycle

I am wondering what I am doing wrong with my application, but I am about to go in to my third cycle applying to this program and have yet to receive an interview offer 😢 I even started working at UW in October and was updating the program throughout the cycle. Any advice?

On 4/4/2024 at 1:44 PM, PAwesomePA said:

I am wondering what I am doing wrong with my application, but I am about to go in to my third cycle applying to this program and have yet to receive an interview offer 😢 I even started working at UW in October and was updating the program throughout the cycle. Any advice?

Start by making sure you have all the pre-requisites that they have listed. You are competing with a lot of people any given year, so your grades and performance are important. You won't get way with simply passing grades. If it's been a while, attend one of their virtual informational zoom meetings and take to heart what they are saying and talking about. You will probably need more than the minimum clinical hours. They say 2000 hours minimum, but others have much more to compete against. Be sure your references are saying good things about you and truly recommending you. And those should come from the recommended sources, such as other PAs. A good way to get that is to make sure you have good shadowing time with providers and then articulate that you understand the position well. They want to invest in those who are sure that being a PA is what they really want to do.

Then even with all of that in place, you have to grab their attention. That is what the essay questions are all about. Use a hook statement. Talk about yourself in a well thought out, positive, self-boosting, confident, and succinct manor. This is where you sell yourself to them. Get help and review from others on this. There are many, many resources online to guide you and that offer help and services. There are even consultants that you can hire, if need be, to help guide you. The next open application opens in less than 30 days. Get started now and get it done EARLY. Getting invited to first round of interviews is the best position to be in.

Good Luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/24/2024 at 11:48 AM, AspiringPA1001 said:

Haven’t heard anything. Would be nice to know where we are on the waitlist 😭

I asked a month after i got the notification and they told me that there is not ranking of those on the waitlist and they review holistically if and when a seat comes available... 😞  But I agree I would have loved if they had a numbered list! I've seen on some boards that some schools do. 

On 4/23/2024 at 9:43 PM, ComboPA said:

Anyone get off the waitlist recently?

Crickets over here..... I've heard in the past that some people are pulled days or the first day of class... so there's always a chance